Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Championship Manager of the Month (October)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looks nailed on for Rafa after beating Preston on Saturday. Simon Grayson would surely have won it, had Preston managed to continue their impessive league form.

Screen Shot 2016-11-01 at 10.03.59.png

Winners so far this season:

August: David Wagner (Huddersfield)
September: Alex Neil (Norwich)

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
If it really were the 'manager' of the month, it would have to be Hughton right? To be in second with the resources he has is much more impressive than Rafa.

Derby being in 6th on the form table with 2 wins, 2 draws and a loss tells you a lot about this division!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 3, 2012
Looks nailed on for Rafa after beating Preston on Saturday. Simon Grayson would surely have won it, had Preston managed to continue their impessive league form.

View attachment 79092

Winners so far this season:

August: David Wagner (Huddersfield)
September: Alex Neil (Norwich)

CH has to be nominated, I would hope.

And have Newcastle played anybody good yet?

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
If it's purely down to points gained then Benitez wins but I'd say our results are actually far more impressive - beating two contenders comprehensively in Weds and Norwich and the only draw being against another form side.

DavidinSouthampton

Jan 3, 2012
Erm...they have played us :moo:

Us, Norwich, Huddersfield, Reading and Bristol City so the entirety of the top 6.

it was tongue in cheek, reflecting the frequent comments last season that BHAFC were in a false position because "they haven't played anyone good yet".

I'm sure you both realised that.

DavidinSouthampton

Jan 3, 2012
Looks like Alex Neil will just miss out on two successive months. ��

Oh, I don't know. They did quite well to keep us down to 5!

And yes, that is probably slightly unfair as a comment. :amex:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
it was tongue in cheek, reflecting the frequent comments last season that BHAFC were in a false position because "they haven't played anyone good yet".

I'm sure you both realised that.

I did, but I thought actually they have played a lot of the top teams. So I checked. They have also played Villa and Derby who some people think are good despite all evidence to the contrary.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Looks like Alex Neil will just miss out on two successive months. ��

Alex Neil told to up his game by the Norwich board today or he's history.

Norwich fan on the radio saying they should stick with him - "If we can sort out our defence we'll dominate the Championship". :thumbsup:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
If it really were the 'manager' of the month, it would have to be Hughton right? To be in second with the resources he has is much more impressive than Rafa.

I agree with that, although on that basis it really should be Grayson or Monk at Leeds. Both have spent considerably less than us, albeit Leeds may be competing on salary.

If I was awarding it I'd give it to Grayson. I'm not though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here