Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex sunday lunch

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
Anyone else been?

For various reasons, with a variety of people, I have now been three times and I am surprised at how few people are there. It's in the new HB's Lounge with excellent views of the pitch.

£20 for two courses for season ticket holders booking in advance, plus an optional desert. Generous main course of the ubiquitous roast with a couple of other choices.

Without wishing to sound like a Sodexo publicist, which I am most certainly not, this deserves to succeed. Great after a stadium tour.

I now expect a torrent of abuse and accusations of brown nosing, but you can only do your best.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
a) Didn't know they still did this, they don't advertise it very well do they?
b) I'd rather go to a pub with a log fire.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'll be taking that up when the chance arises. Any excuse to go to the cathedral is alright by me!

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
The only place i have seen this advertised is in the toilets. They could probably do with publicising it a bit more.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
a) Didn't know they still did this, they don't advertise it very well do they?
b) I'd rather go to a pub with a log fire.

Yes. £20 for two courses is the sum I would pay in a decent rural pub and more expensive than some of the plethora of excellent outlets in the conurbation.

It's a 'no' from me. I see the pitch when I go to matches.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Anyone else been?

For various reasons, with a variety of people, I have now been three times and I am surprised at how few people are there. It's in the new HB's Lounge with excellent views of the pitch.

£20 for two courses for season ticket holders booking in advance, plus an optional desert. Generous main course of the ubiquitous roast with a couple of other choices.

Without wishing to sound like a Sodexo publicist, which I am most certainly not, this deserves to succeed. Great after a stadium tour.

I now expect a torrent of abuse and accusations of brown nosing, but you can only do your best.

Yes, went the other week. It was okay, nothing more, 6/10 for me. Good could have been hotter.

Venue and views magnificent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yes, went the other week. It was okay, nothing more, 6/10 for me. Good could have been hotter.

Venue and views magnificent!

Had a quick look in there during stadium tour last Saturday, it looked quite nice.
Obviously, it goes on how good the food / service is .

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
Must confess this has passed me by. Where do they do this?

Went to a fathers day thing a couple of years back in one of the lounges which was okay, not great, but okay.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Must confess this has passed me by. Where do they do this?

Went to a fathers day thing a couple of years back in one of the lounges which was okay, not great, but okay.

West stand level 1.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I havent been because I always associate Sodexo with the restaurant/cafeteria in hospitals wrong I know but difficult to cast aside.

Indeed. They also did the catering in a large factory I used to work at in Worthing. They were famous for desperately trying to use up their leftovers, so on Monday they'd have a chicken curry and on Tuesday you would get a chicken curry lasagne!

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Anyone else been?

We had a Sunday lunch after a stadium tour, we were the only people there, but had a great view of the pitch and an enjoyable meal. Slightly limited choice but thats not always a bad thing. Service was good, surroundings pleasant and the food was very good. I would complain all day at how its taken five seasons to get the the 1901 catering sorted and still isn't right, but give this a chance. The price is certainly attractive and well worth a Sunday lunch.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Indeed. They also did the catering in a large factory I used to work at in Worthing. They were famous for desperately trying to use up their leftovers, so on Monday they'd have a chicken curry and on Tuesday you would get a chicken curry lasagne!

Chicken curry lasagne sounds GREAT.

I might make one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here