Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you rather...........

Would you rather................

• Go up and Palace stay up - Bring it on!

Votes: 56 43.4%
  • Go up and Palace relegated - haha!

Votes: 73 56.6%

• Total voters

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Prompted by a ridiculous Albion/Palace willy-waving thread on facebook, would you rather:

Go up and Palace stay up, so the rivalry can be properly renewed; or

Go up and see Palace relegated, so we can have divisional bragging rights for only the 7th season in our entire history.

I think I'm right, the ONLY seasons when we've been in a division ABOVE Palace, are 58/59, 59/60, 60/61, 61/62, 81/82 and 82/83

For me, I'd love us to be in the same division - it's pointless having rivals if you don't play them.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Both great situations but would love to beat them in the Premier League.

Ideal situation is we go up, they stay up, and then we beat them on the last day to send them down...

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Ideally Burnley, Bournemouth and Palace will all go down this year. Highly unlikely as Sunderland look terrible.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Ideal situation is we go up, they stay up, and then we beat them on the last day to send them down...

This with bells on. I remember going to Selhurst at Easter 1981, four games of season left. They were already down, we needed to win all our games to have a chance of survival. Two goals from John Gregory and one from Gordon Smith was memorable, a few scenes after the match too.

Only bad thing was reaction of some of our idiots to Chris Ramsey making his debut.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

This. We go up this season, they stay up.
Then we play them next season with an emphatic win that sees them relegated.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would like us to be in the same division, and send them down by beating them 6-0 at Selhurst at some point in April.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We NEED to be in the same division as Palace, the rivalry is heavily diluted if we're not. We owe them big time for a couple of gut wrenching defeats too.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

This this this

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Go up and and them stay up so we'll both be in The Premier League and equal with the same TV revenue income as them, apart from we'll have The Amex, bigger crowds, Lancing, and a proper anthem to run out to, that really means something, rather than The Dave Clark Five from Tottenham.

They'll be tin-pot and know it, we'll be class and laughing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Us in the Prem, Palace relegated to the noddy leagues with Portsmouth.

I'm not fussed about all the bullshit that comes with actually playing them - happy to look down at them from afar and laugh at them (as with Portsmouth now).

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Promoted, Palace relegated who then slip into League 1 as have to sell all players on high wages then go into further meltdown by falling into League 2, we then draw them in the FA Cup 3rd round and beat them 9-0 at the Amex but we all stay to give the plucky lower league footballers a round of applause for their efforts

Not much to ask is it

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Anything that keeps the whey faced poltroons off this board is a bonus, so Palace to go down and down again gets my vote.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here