Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match Ball - anyone else notice?

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
At the end of the game a Naarich midfielder lumped the match ball 60 yards into the away end. The stewards spent a while trying to convince grumpy fans to give it back and some idiot walked off with it.

I know that they lost heavily but this seems very churlish and Muzza did not get the ball that was in play at the final whistle. One of the subs/trainers picked out a spare ball from the bags and threw it to Murray as he walked off the pitch. This is presumably the ball he got signed which is a shame. Wonder if the stewards ever got the ball back...and does it really matter in these days of multiple balls? Has it ever?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The balls change in design and colour from when the clocks went back, not sure if they used the new ones yesterday in the Sunday games or start from today.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
At the end of the game a Naarich midfielder lumped the match ball 60 yards into the away end. The stewards spent a while trying to convince grumpy fans to give it back and some idiot walked off with it.

I know that they lost heavily but this seems very churlish and Muzza did not get the ball that was in play at the final whistle. One of the subs/trainers picked out a spare ball from the bags and threw it to Murray as he walked off the pitch. This is presumably the ball he got signed which is a shame. Wonder if the stewards ever got the ball back...and does it really matter in these days of multiple balls? Has it ever?

Based on the fact its going in his downstairs toilet, I'd suggest Muzza inst bothered.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The balls change in design and colour from when the clocks went back, not sure if they used the new ones yesterday in the Sunday games or start from today.

The Premier League changed over to their winter ball at the weekend. I believe the Football League change from 1st November.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
To be fair the person that has the ball has managed to keep hold of it for a hell of a lot longer than any of the norwich players did on saturday .

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Glenn walked off holding the match ball over his head

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
Glenn walked off holding the match ball over his head

He didn't it was a spare, watch the highlights on Seagulls Player and you will see the opp player lump it at 21mins 57 secs - I don't know how to capture it, am sure some techie could...it was a good excuse to watch it all again mind! ;)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Yep I saw all of that unfold, the bloke who caught it was a right fat ******* who thought about it for a second, then tucked it under his shirt and walked off down the exit, the 6-fingered cvnt.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
He didn't it was a spare, watch the highlights on Seagulls Player and you will see the opp player lump it at 21mins 57 secs - I don't know how to capture it, am sure some techie could...it was a good excuse to watch it all again mind! ;)

Yes just watched it, I have a still but I can't upload it from my iPhone (upload of the file failed). I used to be able to, perhaps [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] can help.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Didn't see that but i did see Murray do his best to kick it out of the stadium after his first goal. Some referees would book him for that.

As others have said, there is more than one match ball, so i'm sure it's not a problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here