Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New iPad for wife?

Fungus

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 21, 2004
Truro
Her five-year-old iPad isn't up to the job any more, and she has a birthday coming up. Prices are likely to rise, and this might solve Xmas too! So...

32gb or 128gb?
Air or Pro?

I think the bigger capacity is worth it, but how much advantage does the Pro offer in real life?

(Oh, and yes, the thread title does sound like a reasonable exchange!)

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Have you considered a Mini ? I find mine much more useable than the full size one I had previously.

Fungus

May 21, 2004
Truro
Have you considered a Mini ? I find mine much more useable than the full size one I had previously.

Usable in what way? I don't think she'd want a smaller screen than her current one, given the photo and office apps she'd be using. She's already got an iPhone for small stuff.

Fungus

May 21, 2004
Truro
Just to clarify, the Pro would only be the 9.7" screen, not the 12.9".

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I have the pro 128gb which when combined with a small Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard was good enough to replace my MacBook Pro which was subsequently sold

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Usable in what way? I don't think she'd want a smaller screen than her current one, given the photo and office apps she'd be using. She's already got an iPhone for small stuff.

I just find it more portable so I'm more likely to have it to hand.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I had the Ipad AIR vs Ipad Pro dilema. I went for the Air 2 in the end with a bluetooth keyboard instead of the pro with the apple keyboard, was almost half the price and been very happy with it.

That said I was in the apple store in covent garden last week playing witht he apple pencil which I really like so now slightly regret my decision as the pencil requires a pro instead.

Fungus

May 21, 2004
Truro
I had the Ipad AIR vs Ipad Pro dilema. I went for the Air 2 in the end with a bluetooth keyboard instead of the pro with the apple keyboard, was almost half the price and been very happy with it.

That said I was in the apple store in covent garden last week playing witht he apple pencil which I really like so now slightly regret my decision as the pencil requires a pro instead.

That's the trouble - tech moves on, and the Pro is already a generation ahead of the Air. But the pencil and keyboard prices are crazy!

Personally, I'll be sticking with my Tesco Hudl for a bit longer.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That's the trouble - tech moves on, and the Pro is already a generation ahead of the Air. But the pencil and keyboard prices are crazy!

Personally, I'll be sticking with my Tesco Hudl for a bit longer.

Got my Microsoft keyboard for £40 ..ok it doesn't act as a cover ..but soon as it opens up the keyboard connects instantly and is a stand as well..picked up the pencil second hand on eBay ..there are ways to reduce cost ..rely on apple for the hardware but not necessarily the peripherals

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here