Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Didn't realise how good a finish knocky' goal was on Saturday until seeing it in slow-mo..

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
The opening up of the body giving the keeper the eyes and then at the very last nano-second changing his foot position as he strikes down on the ball leaving McGovern already flat on his posterior. Then to cap it off the Gallic air of slight arrogance as he runs off to celebrate.

Imperious.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Looking at that gif, it's another piece of toilet keeping isn't it? I'm not suggesting AK's finish wasn't out of the top drawer, nor that he ought to have saved it. But look at his position as AK scores: he's half way between the striker and his line, just about the least effective position he could be in.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
As soon as he received that ball, I knew it would be in the back of the net. A weird feeling. Very rare to have that much confidence in an Albion player in front of goal.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
As soon as he received that ball, I knew it would be in the back of the net. A weird feeling. Very rare to have that much confidence in an Albion player in front of goal.

One can only presume the Norwich players had the same thought, as they completely gave up on that whole passage of play.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
That number 27 really looks like he couldn't give a shit. No last ditch slide, no effort, dreadful. Lovely finish though.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
One can only presume the Norwich players had the same thought, as they completely gave up on that whole passage of play.

The Norwich players just stopped and watched a master at work.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Looking at that gif, it's another piece of toilet keeping isn't it? I'm not suggesting AK's finish wasn't out of the top drawer, nor that he ought to have saved it. But look at his position as AK scores: he's half way between the striker and his line, just about the least effective position he could be in.

I don't think the keeper had much choice. He tried to make the angle difficult for AK. Not to blame from me

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I just LOVE it in N1G that we get to see Knocky's fast feet at close quarters in real time at the end where we always score. Matchday Experiences don't get much better than this!

:bowdown:

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just LOVE it in N1G that we get to see Knocky's fast feet at close quarters in real time at the end where we always score. Matchday Experiences don't get much better than this!

:bowdown:
Oh but they do.
Family stand - a dozen rows up - in line with the 6 yard box.
The cheapest tickets in the ground and about 30 feet from the Knocky-Bruno show.

Oh and just to save you the trouble of trying to think of a come back:-

Who does AK celebrate in front of?

Double :bowdown:

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I don't think the keeper had much choice. He tried to make the angle difficult for AK. Not to blame from me

I'm with you. I think the fifth was the ONLY goal that McGovern wasn't at least partly culpable for.

1. Massive balls up - shit decision. Poor control. Weak challenge. Failed to appeal for a hopeful foul.
2. (Bit harsh, but...) He's nowhere, and the header is from in his six yard box.
3. Terrible keeping. Header is from about FOUR yards.
4. Poor call not to put it out. Terrible hacked clearance. Stood and watched it go in.
5. Narrowed the angle. Got done. Not at fault.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

Nobody seemed to give up more than the guy playing Knocky onside and then vaguely wandering back towards the goal. Take a bow, skipper Russell Martin.

PG

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Nobody seemed to give up more than the guy playing Knocky onside and then vaguely wandering back towards the goal. Take a bow, skipper Russell Martin.

PG

Quite! I said on another thread that I found his post-match interview a bit hypocritical, as he did EXACTLY what he was lamenting.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
I'm with you. I think the fifth was the ONLY goal that McGovern wasn't at least partly culpable for.

1. Massive balls up - shit decision. Poor control. Weak challenge. Failed to appeal for a hopeful foul.
2. (Bit harsh, but...) He's nowhere, and the header is from in his six yard box.
3. Terrible keeping. Header is from about FOUR yards.
4. Poor call not to put it out. Terrible hacked clearance. Stood and watched it go in.
5. Narrowed the angle. Got done. Not at fault.

1. Agree.
2. Not sure he could do much else. Bong's pass had already taken the RB out which meant a centre back was on his way over to cover with the keeper covering his near post who then dashed across his goal when Skalak crossed only for Murray to head back in the direction he had come from. I'd question the three defenders who failed to deal with Murray.
3. Agree, seemed to be doing a Superman impression in misjudging the ball.
4. Part culpable. He had to deal with an horrendous back pass which perhaps he should have leathered into the stand, but even then it was directed towards the Norwich centre back who took swipe to continue its way forward but only succeeded in helping go back the way it came from.
5. Not his fault.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If a player runs with the ball towards goal, there is always going to be a point where the keeper is half way between the player and the goal line. It's up to the player whether or not to shoot at that point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here