Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FYI: Bozza

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Is it just me? I am having some weird sh!t going on. I have to go to 'Advanced' otherwise I am not getting the space bar working. It may just be me, I don't know, but it is very strange. I am a web developer, I have a long history of knowing about computers, but this one is totally stumping me. Bozza?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
astronauts-space-bar-2.jpg:drink:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Is it just me? I am having some weird sh!t going on. I have to go to 'Advanced' otherwise I am not getting the space bar working. It may just be me, I don't know, but it is very strange. I am a web developer, I have a long history of knowing about computers, but this one is totally stumping me. Bozza?

You need to mention the powerful one [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] punk:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry - not sure what to say. I've never heard about a specific site not registering certain key presses whilst other sites and applications do.

It's not been reported by anyone else either.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sorry - not sure what to say. I've never heard about a specific site not registering certain key presses whilst other sites and applications do.

It's not been reported by anyone else either.

Strange...onlyhappensonQuickReply.Oknoworries.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing

What browser are you using?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
windows 10?

Had space bar issues too on this site. Almost posted but Microsoft's new browser is giving me grief all over the place.

larus

Strange...onlyhappensonQuickReply.Oknoworries.

Happens to me as well on my desktop at home. W7 using Chrome. Again, only in the Quick Reply.

Strange thing is, if I then back arrow through the text I can then use the space bar. Within the existing typed text, but still not at the end of the text. It's almost as though the text is being 'right trimmed' as you type it.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Have you got something sticky on your keyboard? Which websites have you been visiting?

It's 5.20 in the morning. go and have a coffee or something and think about what you are typing. It's a bit early for this shit

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Happens to me as well on my desktop at home. W7 using Chrome. Again, only in the Quick Reply.

Strange thing is, if I then back arrow through the text I can then use the space bar. Within the existing typed text, but still not at the end of the text. It's almost as though the text is being 'right trimmed' as you type it.

Same for me, Firefox on the Mac, not all the time, not on this post for instance!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Same here. Space not registering on quick reply or advanced.

Had to close and reopen Chrome (running latest version) on Windows 10.

#SackTheBoard
#BozzaOut

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Good to know I'm not alone. This is Quick Reply and it works... weird.

#BozzaOut

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Good to know I'm not alone. This is Quick Reply and it works... weird.

#BozzaOut

Happens to me too. It seems to be ok if you start your reply on the same line as the quote, but if you try and start a couple of lines below the space bar doesn't work.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Also whilst we're here.

If I press Ctrl+I for italics midway through a sentence then again to return to normal, The cursor will jump back to the place it was at when I pressed ctrl+i.

So I end up with sentenceppfhsfghads which look like this exce

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here