Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ollson - done up like a kipper

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
After watching the highlights - am I the only one who feels sorry for him? Yes - he pushed Murray before the first incident, but the 'head-but' was entirely faked by Glenn. The 'foul' on Skalak a few minutes later that had 28,000 baying for a red card was equally fictitious.

I hope he (Glenn) doesn't do that again - he could easily have been red-carded for that.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
You must have missed the moment where he cocked up then held the ball for about 30 seconds whilst shouting at the ref. A hotheaded knob of the highest order.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You must have missed the moment where he cocked up then held the ball for about 30 seconds whilst shouting at the ref. A hotheaded knob of the highest order.

And the bit in the incident immediately prior to the head to head moment where he kicked out at Murray.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And the bit in the incident immediately prior to the head to head moment where he kicked out at Murray.

Yep, he initiated the whole thing with a kick out.

Re the Skalak tackle the ref gave a foul. If he thinks that's a foul then it's also a yellow card.

But, as said on other threads I was quite glad he stayed on, bloke was a total liability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
People are forgetting the rarity that is he actually got a throw in taken off him for being a bit shite.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
No view on the incident one way or the other, but love the long-overdue reincarnation of "done up like a kipper."

Proper football.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I thought the Ref was excellent apart from generously giving Olsson the benefit of the doubt.

Comments from their fans on the way home last night and also on their Forums suggest that Olsson is one of a clique of players who supposedly want away from Carrow Road. Seems it's not a happy dressing room and they aren't playing for the manager. Might explain some of Martin's post match comments and why most of their team (apart from Hoolahan) didn't look up for the fight.

Will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

We didn't play well at Newcastle but at least we didn't roll over

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Re the Skalak tackle the ref gave a foul. If he thinks that's a foul then it's also a yellow card.
Why? Evidently he thought it was a foul not deserving of a yellow card. In reality, it wasn't a foul at all. I'm not knocking it, we played a blinder - both in the football game and the mind game.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
After watching the highlights - am I the only one who feels sorry for him? Yes - he pushed Murray before the first incident, but the 'head-but' was entirely faked by Glenn. The 'foul' on Skalak a few minutes later that had 28,000 baying for a red card was equally fictitious.

I hope he (Glenn) doesn't do that again - he could easily have been red-carded for that.

Agree re the latter part of the incident but, as others have said, Olsson started it by kicking Murray. That is a red card.

Not sure about the Skalak foul as not seen a replay but it looked a foul and booking live. And he was very lucky to get away with the dissent early on considering some of the bookings we've had for less dissent this season.

So, in conclusion, he was very lucky to stay on the pitch anf I don't feel sorry for him

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The foul on Skalak was stonewall. Lucky it wasn't a straight red. Very lucky.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No view on the incident one way or the other, but love the long-overdue reincarnation of "done up like a kipper."

Proper football.

Well, it'll teach him for coming the old acid . . .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Correct. Only the chaps in the studio half mentioned this - the commentators didn't. The whole incident started because he booted Murray for no reason. Could easily have been violent conduct...

As for the headbut that never happened - yes Glenn was trying to get him sent - prob because he knew the ref and Lino had missed the naughty kick out. Not sure Glenn deserved a yellow really... The Skalak one was fairly soft but I think there was slight contact & it was very late. Either way he should have been sent off one way or another. But glad he wasn't as we'd have still only won 5-0 or so and to do it against 10 would just seen the reason it had happened - against 11 is far more impressive! It's the sort of result a neutral will see and immediately check to see what minute Norwich went down to 10 :lol:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Along with the limp that disappeared after half time.

Yes, but what a pantomime villain. Great value.
A kind of Joey Barton but without the football skills.

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I thought it was a sending off, but from row 8 million in the West Upper, what do I know?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Also after the yellow card, he clipped Murray as he was running off the ball towards the area, which was behind the ref, and it would seem that the linesman didn't see it either. Lucky to stay on, should have been booked for dissent then he was booked, but another two incidents where on another table he would been off.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Why? Evidently he thought it was a foul not deserving of a yellow card. In reality, it wasn't a foul at all. I'm not knocking it, we played a blinder - both in the football game and the mind game.

If Olsson hadn't been on a yellow already, I think the ref would have given a yellow there 9 times out of 10. I think the ref felt it wasn't enough of a foul to give a second yellow and send him off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here