Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thoughts from Greenland and Possible Good Luck Charm

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
Now flying over Greenland en route to the humble grass hut back in Hawaii. During my 3 week S. Coast sojourn I managed the last 4 games, and after the late Preston equalizer contemplated the thought that it was all my fault for showing up -- bringing the Stink Eye Hoodoo etc. Since then, 3 wins and 7 goals for, none against, and a trip up to Lancs, I obviously need to set up a Crowdfunding account to bring me back to these shores soonish, for good luck. Hopefully we won't need it but just in case.

My first visits to the Amex. God we're lucky. Simply amazing.

The team yesterday was Prem class. As the venerable HW Tackle (thanks again!) noted after the game, just maybe we won't need a mass sell-off and buying spree for next season in the Prem. Keep most of what we've got and buy selectively.

Cart, horse, etc but yesterday WAS pretty awesome. The onboard mai tais also help.

Anyway, a brilliant 3 weeks and my son KLS Jnr (new UK resident) is now a confirmed convert to the cause :thumbsup:

The only downside was The Clique was a bit thin on the ground :(

el punal

Now flying over Greenland en route to the humble grass hut back in Hawaii. During my 3 week S. Coast sojourn I managed the last 4 games, and after the late Preston equalizer contemplated the thought that it was all my fault for showing up -- bringing the Stink Eye Hoodoo etc. Since then, 3 wins and 7 goals for, none against, and a trip up to Lancs, I obviously need to set up a Crowdfunding account to bring me back to these shores soonish, for good luck. Hopefully we won't need it but just in case.

The team yesterday was Prem class. As the venerable HW Tackle (thanks again!) noted after the game, just maybe we won't need a mass sell-off and buying spree for next season in the Prem. Keep most of what we've got and buy selectively.

Cart, horse, etc but yesterday WAS pretty awesome. The onboard mai tais also help.

Anyway, a brilliant 3 weeks and my son KLS Jnr (new UK resident) is now a confirmed convert to the cause :thumbsup:

At least you're not on Southern Rail. :wink:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

I had no idea they were still going. I hope they gave a good performance.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

As a fully-signed up member of the original NSC clique, I'm sad to say I didn't know you were over, as I would have made it my business to repay your fantastic hospitality from way-back when, when I visited the humble grass-hut in Hawaii.

Anyway, if anybody is looking for the ideal STOCKING FILLER for a friend or loved-one this year, look no further than Ken Livingstone Seagull's fantastic book which has served me well over many summers. Available on Amazon, so helps NSC too if you buy via the link on the Big Board.

Here is the perfect companion to everybody’s favorite cooking technique: the unbeatable thrill of the live fire. More than a wonderful collection of mouthwatering recipes, Omaha Steaks: Let’s Grill is also an invaluable introduction to everything you need to know (and nothing you don’t need to know) to set up, fire up, and grill away.

The useful how-to section begins with a much-needed clarification of the cooking methods-grilling, barbecuing, smoking, and others. Then it’s on to the equipment: whether you’re cooking on a gas, charcoal, electric, or rotisserie grill, Omaha Steaks: Let’s Grill discusses what you should look for and what you should avoid.

5110PQCFAJL._SX228_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here