Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Guy Ritchie's Rockenrolla

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Watched it for the first time in a few years, maybe it's an age thing now but I actually think it's equally as good as both Lock Stock or Snatch.

The promised sequel from the end credits never materialised for various reasons but it's definitely worth a watch IMHO.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Though it was very disappointing after LS and snatch.
didn't rate at it. very poor effort from Guy in my opinion.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Watched it for the first time in a few years, maybe it's an age thing now but I actually think it's equally as good as both Lock Stock or Snatch.

The promised sequel from the end credits never materialised for various reasons but it's definitely worth a watch IMHO.

I think Rock n Rolla is the best of that lot but I don't get why he made effectively the same film 3 times.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not seen it for a while, but its lurking in my DVD collection. I may have to dust it off as I do remember very much enjoying it.

I watched Snatch a couple of weeks ago and I'd honestly forgotten just how good that is. The writing is almost Tarantino-esque, which is just about the highest praise I can give it. Stupendously entertaining.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Loved Lock, Stock but thought Snatch was appallingly bad - as someone else said: 'Why did Ritchie bother making an unoriginal, second rate parody of his own film (Lock, Stock)?'

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Loved Lock, Stock but thought Snatch was appallingly bad - as someone else said: 'Why did Ritchie bother making an unoriginal, second rate parody of his own film (Lock, Stock)?'

Seriously ?
I love both those films. Lock Stock had a few rough edges but was so well written and performed it didn't matter. Snatch had an incredible cast, a great soundtrack, some truly memorable dialogue, laugh-out-loud moments, and some absolutely brilliant directorial flourishes - think the scene where the Pikey is knocked out in the ring and plunges down into a mental swimming pool. The fight scenes were immense.

I'm amazed anyone would think that was an appalling bad film. I think its richly entertaining.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Seriously ?
I love both those films. Lock Stock had a few rough edges but was so well written and performed it didn't matter. Snatch had an incredible cast, a great soundtrack, some truly memorable dialogue, laugh-out-loud moments, and some absolutely brilliant directorial flourishes - think the scene where the Pikey is knocked out in the ring and plunges down into a mental swimming pool. The fight scenes were immense.

I'm amazed anyone would think that was an appalling bad film. I think its richly entertaining.

I think it was the dialogue above everything, it was just a pale copy of what we'd heard in LS. Things like "Muhammad I'm Hard Bruce Lee" is that honestly funny? For me it was a case of fool me once Guy... but not twice.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13

Everyone is different I guess, I thought all of those films were terrible, badly acted, implausible and actually slightly surreal, a bit like my Beautiful Launderette with violence :lolol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Everyone is different I guess, I thought all of those films were terrible, badly acted, implausible and actually slightly surreal, a bit like my Beautiful Launderette with violence :lolol:

Badly acted, seriously? Even Brad Pitt?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here