Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Hughton is the most successful Championship manager

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
An average of 1.84 points a game over 175 games. That's quite some achievement.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/champi...nIdVon=2004&saisonIdBis=2016&anzahl=50&group=

2n9gxs3.jpg

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Not surprising. He's had one Championship winning season at Newcastle, a play off season at Birmingham and almost two seasons with us and two thirds of that time, we've been top three form.

Just goes to show what a great choice he was for the job and what a great job he has done for us. We've gone from a very poor team who were lucky to stay up to seven defeats in 61 league games. What a turn around from two seasons ago!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So only taking into account the last 13 seasons. Do you work for Sky?

Definitely not! I did it as far back as I could with that website filter.

I'm surprised Holloway isn't on that chart as he got Blackpool and Palace promoted.

Holloway is on page 2 at 46 with 1.35 points a game over 367 games, Pardew is at 42 with 1.42 points over 110 games.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I wonder when Ipswich will change their manager.

Now in their 13th consecutive season in the Championship and under McCarthy since November 2012 have finished once in the play-offs in 2014-15.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
I'm surprised Holloway isn't on that chart as he got Blackpool and Palace promoted.

Holloway took over a Palace team that was second in the table and eventually just scraped into the play offs. His record over the course of a whole season would have had them mid table.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Slightly OT but seeing Steve Coppell up there he is managing in India And looking at their players on wiki they include Michael Chopra, Steven Bywater and Peter Ramage unless any have left and wiki hasnt kept up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here