Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we 'kick on' from here?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think the next "defining match of the season" (to reference another thread) is next Saturday's game away to Brizzle City. We are three points clear of 3rd, seven points clear of 7th. To consolidate our place and keep the momentum going, it would be fantastic if we could get another 3 points. We could then look to start opening a proper gap between ourselves and the rest. 5-0 against the carrot crunchers was brilliant, I really hope we can build on it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
On paper the next five games look nasty as you can get..........lets's hope so

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just so buzzing from yesterday still and excited for the next few months. I seriously think we can do it now.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Kick on... crikey it's hard for results to imprive really.... continue the form would be my wording....

It's going to be tough to continue as we are, no easy games

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Just so buzzing from yesterday still and excited for the next few months. I seriously think we can do it now.

Me too,i would still take a play off place,but if we get not too many more injuries & players to return and our improved top 6,attack and defense record suggests we will be there....long way to go.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Nothing is certain in football, but we can be as certain as possible that Newcastle will take lot of points from their next 10 games, including double headers against the might of Forest and Blackburn. The other 6 are Cardiff. Leeds, Brum, Wigan, Burton, SW. Not exactly terrifying for them.

I would say that if we are in touch of them (6 points or less) when we play them end Jan then we will be well on way to Premierland.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 686

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Nothing is certain in football, but we can be as certain as possible that Newcastle will take lot of points from their next 10 games, including double headers against the might of Forest and Blackburn. The other 6 are Cardiff. Leeds, Brum, Wigan, Burton, SW. Not exactly terrifying for them.

I would say that if we are in touch of them (6 points or less) when we play them end Jan then we will be well on way to Premierland.

Bit strange that Newcastle are playing Forest home and away in December isn't it?!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Bit strange that Newcastle are playing Forest home and away in December isn't it?!

Not really, it'll be the same for the whole division.

We've got Cardiff on the same dates.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
What encourages me is that we have Kayal, Rosenior and March to come back into a squad that can win at Hillsborough for the first time and thrash Narch 5-0.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'd probably take a point from Bristol City but wouldn't be surprised if it was another 1-0 win late on. Then I really would believe that this is the season that was meant to happen, but under Gus, until he threw his toys out of the pram.

What Hughton is brilliantly building shows that progression was always meant to be. It was only just a matter of time.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
We've paid our dues built the squad steadily and in the right way without parachute payments or breaking the financial structure of the club I am confident and convinced we will be playing prem footy next year I don't for one second think the team will get complacent due to what happened last season either just nice and relaxed as the air of inevitability sends us over the line this time

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
We've paid our dues built the squad steadily and in the right way without parachute payments or breaking the financial structure of the club I am confident and convinced we will be playing prem footy next year I don't for one second think the team will get complacent due to what happened last season either just nice and relaxed as the air of inevitability sends us over the line this time

I wish I shared your confidence and conviction !

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Not really, it'll be the same for the whole division.

We've got Cardiff on the same dates.

I stand corrected!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What encourages me is that we have Kayal, Rosenior and March to come back into a squad that can win at Hillsborough for the first time and thrash Narch 5-0.

This is true. We beat Narch 5-0 without Kayal! How good is that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here