Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A passing thought

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why do we have and pay for about 30 stewards positioned at each end of the away supporters and lose about 250 seats through segregation. Why not revert back to 8ft fences at each end of just vertical bars so unable to climb and reduce the number of stewards to 3 or 4 to stop any that try to climb it. It is not really caged in as was in the 70s. In the case of an emergency they could still go on the pitch I may be wrong but to me it makes financial sense.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I wouldn't have stopped that thought as it passed and just let it carry on its merry way.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Why do we have and pay for about 30 stewards positioned at each end of the away supporters and lose about 250 seats through segregation. Why not revert back to 8ft fences at each end of just vertical bars so unable to climb and reduce the number of stewards to 3 or 4 to stop any that try to climb it. It is not really caged in as was in the 70s. In the case of an emergency they could still go on the pitch I may be wrong but to me it makes financial sense.

A fence cannot move,whilst providing a benefit,it also at the same time is unable to multi task,in short will never happen.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A fence cannot move,whilst providing a benefit,it also at the same time is unable to multi task,in short will never happen.

It doesnt have to multitask as it has only 1 duty to segregate the supporters. If we reach the promised land every seat available will be at a premium to gain maximum revenue,.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Fences.

Your solution is....Fences.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It doesnt have to multitask as it has only 1 duty to segregate the supporters.

Unless the fence is say 10 feet plus it wont work,just my opinion,meanwhile i would imagine the number of stewards per 1000 supporters is set at a certain amount as is the number of police,yesterday saw more than usual but perhaps down to volume of away fans,besides in a genuine emergency the stewards are needed,for evacuation purposes etc.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It doesnt have to multitask as it has only 1 duty to segregate the supporters. If we reach the promised land every seat available will be at a premium to gain maximum revenue,.

It changes if we reach the Premiership. The security category of matches changes for most games and games for the most part will have to be policed as well as stewarded. So for now I think everything works well, for the most part

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Fences. Been there and never ever want to see fences in a football stadium again.
Meanwhile. Say you erect this 10 foot fence. You'd still need a gap between the fans and the fence and stewards to stop the fans getting near the fence.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Unless the fence is say 10 feet plus it wont work,just my opinion,meanwhile i would imagine the number of stewards per 1000 supporters is set at a certain amount as is the number of police,yesterday saw more than usual but perhaps down to volume of away fans,besides in a genuine emergency the stewards are needed,for evacuation purposes etc.

The number of police in presence is dependent on negotiations between police and Club Security and between them they categorise each fixture on its own merits and past fixtures between the clubs

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fences. Been there and never ever want to see fences in a football stadium again.
Meanwhile. Say you erect this 10 foot fence. You'd still need a gap between the fans and the fence and stewards to stop the fans getting near the fence.

I've had a passing thought...

..what about a brick wall?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The number of police in presence is dependent on negotiations between police and Club Security and between them they categorise each fixture on its own merits and past fixtures between the clubs

They felt,clearly that more police were needed.....just because Norwich do not have a reputation or Albion for that matter,a larger than normal away following can perhaps not mix with the biggest home gate..if things get unruly.....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My concern was the lost revenue that would be obtained by selling those seats or perhaps we could have saved money and not put them in and left an open space. But as NooBHA says things will change if we get promoted.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
What about arming the stewards and giving them firearms training and the right to shoot away fans? No need for fences, walls or wire and I would think 1 steward with a Heckler & Koch MP5 per 1000 away fans would be plenty. Problem solved.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here