Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Marvellous non-1901 5-0 Food Thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So Foodies, this one's a little different.

What is it, where's it from, and how many pints did it take to be able to eat this.

Attachments

• IMG_5106.JPG
    IMG_5106.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 725

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Those chips look disgusting to my sober self but after a skinful in the Wellington they are pure Ambrosia on the last train to Eastbourne

Jul 7, 2003
[MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] - I know you like a wurst or two but did you really need two saveloys and a battered sausage to go with your chips? Also, was it a great idea to eat at Sing Li when you have a flight home the next morning?

I had some chips from the new chippy around the corner from Sing Li after the Preston match and they were quite passable after a few beers.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The sausages may have been a bad idea. Try the haddock next time.

6 pints (unless added salt in which case add one).

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
So Foodies, this one's a little different.

What is it, where's it from, and how many pints did it take to be able to eat this.

Far too easy! The place is a dump but when you've had a few shandies and need something to eat on the train home (assuming its not cancelled of course), its the favourite choice always.

Its incredible how he's never run foul of food hygiene regulations. He must have pictures of the environmental health officers in embarrassing situations ala Paul Jewell or something! Whenever the food hygiene ratings league of shame is published for the local area, he's never featured. (afaik)

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Far too easy! The place is a dump but when you've had a few shandies and need something to eat on the train home (assuming its not cancelled of course), its the favourite choice always.

Its incredible how he's never run foul of food hygiene regulations. He must have pictures of the environmental health officers in embarrassing situations ala Paul Jewell or something! Whenever the food hygiene ratings league of shame is published for the local area, he's never featured. (afaik)

2012: 0 stars - Urgent Improvement required.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10098915.Check_on_hygiene_before_dining_out_in_Brighton_and_Hove/

2016: 2 stars - Improvement necessary

https://www.foodhygieneratings.org.uk/sing-li-fish-bar-brighton

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Pretty famous for consistently being in the hygiene rating hall of fame isn't it? Isn't that why it's famous?

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Seeing that did anyone see the cubicle on the Lewes side at Falmer station after the match. Lets just say someone with a very large can of brown paint had done a poor imitation of a Jackson Pollock. Maybe the Palarse coach driver was down for the match.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] - I know you like a wurst or two but did you really need two saveloys and a battered sausage to go with your chips? Also, was it a great idea to eat at Sing Li when you have a flight home the next morning?

I had some chips from the new chippy around the corner from Sing Li after the Preston match and they were quite passable after a few beers.

High octane craft beer got the better of me. It seemed lovely at the time.

I ordered the saveloys then spotted the battered sausage on its own looking a bit lonely.......

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I've seen crime scenes that look more appetizing than that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
High octane craft beer got the better of me. It seemed lovely at the time.

I ordered the saveloys then spotted the battered sausage on its own looking a bit lonely.......

To be fair the saveloy and chips will have you in enough trouble. Ordering the battered sausage has just saved some other poor soul from pebble dashing the Kermit this morning. It's almost like you're public spirited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here