Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7 (seven) points

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We've suddenly opened up a sizable buffer between us and 7th place.

Of course we don't want the sodding playoffs again, but it's comforting all the same.

Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 12.37.50.png

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
3pt gap to 3rd is what i'm more interested in.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
We have the same points after 15 games as last season but a +6 GD improvement... :)

Last season after 15 games, 5 out of the top 6 on Nov 3 went on to be in the top 6 on May 3rd.
Birmingham fell away to 10th. Sheff Weds went from 8th (on Nov 3rd) to 6th on May 3rd.

brightontable.jpg

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
Beat Bristol next week ! and our record against the top 7 so far this season will have been
P6 W4 D1 L1

Last season it wasn't...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
It's the three points and GD to chase down for top spot that I'm happy with.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Need to avoid play-offs as do not seem to suit us at all

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
We have the same points after 15 games as last season but a +6 GD improvement... :)

Last season after 15 games, 5 out of the top 6 on Nov 3 went on to be in the top 6 on May 3rd.
Birmingham fell away to 10th. Sheff Weds went from 8th (on Nov 3rd) to 6th on May 3rd.

View attachment 79051

Looking at that top six, I think Hull are the only one we'd played at this stage last season. On the other hand, this season we've played the other four teams in the top five (plus the team in seventh).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Play-offs are no good to us this season. There's no way we'll be able to keep this squad together after the summer. In fact, we'll do well to keep it intact after January. It's shit or bust this season, or a major rebuild.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, and they're running out of games to make up that 7 point difference too - only 31 left now.................................

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

View attachment 79051

Already tighter than a gnat's chuff at this stage last season with 5 teams looking very strong - 1 point separating them! However, this year it's only us and Newcastle that seem to have any consistency. I have a feeling that the points required to finish second could be 5-6 fewer than last May.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Looking at that top six, I think Hull are the only one we'd played at this stage last season. On the other hand, this season we've played the other four teams in the top five (plus the team in seventh).

The average League position of the 8 teams we have yet to play is 13th, so exactly representative of the average of all 23 other teams (assumed AV hold onto lead at Brum and move to 13th)

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
70 points to go to get the 101 points total I predicted on the "is it to early to predict points tally thread"
Well on course to achieve that

21wins
7 draws
3 defeats

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The average League position of the 8 teams we have yet to play is 13th, so exactly representative of the average of all 23 other teams (assumed AV hold onto lead at Brum and move to 13th)

Yes, and I think Villa and Cardiff are probably better than their positions suggest so will be tougher. However, as compared to last season, we still had third, fourth, fifth and sixth to play so tough games to come.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bet365 are offering me a cash out on my top 6 bet on us of not far off potential winnings at end of season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here