GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yokel if somewhat less vocal..

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Really good fans. I spoke to a few before the game at the Harvey van and to be fair non were very confident before kick off. The team let them down badly

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Magnanimous in defeat at the ground and on Twitter.

Anyone can be all smug and conciliatory when they've got the result (a fact that seemed to escape those Middlesbrough twats) but this was a big game and Norwich were a decent bunch.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I was surprised at how quiet they seemed, considering they bought so many
A little bit of noise when they were on the attack early in the second half. Other than that I didn't hear them at all.

In fairness I was in the North, which was pretty noisy all game.
Was it any different for those in the South/East/West?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Why was there such a large police presence though? Seemed a bit overkill for Norwich!

Assumed that thanks to the West Ham / Chelsea shenanigans that lots of matches had extra presence yesterday. Though the intelligence gathering team with camcorders did seem overkill.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A little bit of noise when they were on the attack early in the second half. Other than that I didn't hear them at all.

I'm in the family stand near the centre and you are right, for such a large away following, Norwich were amongst some of the quietest away followings we've had. When you consider they were only one down for a large part of the match, that's pretty disappointing.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013

I think you're spot on. They didn't make too much noise.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Assumed that thanks to the West Ham / Chelsea shenanigans that lots of matches had extra presence yesterday. Though the intelligence gathering team with camcorders did seem overkill.

Maybe, possibly just due to size of crowd. Apart from around 5 complete tards pretending to walk towards the belle at around 2 they all seemed like decent fans though, no trouble.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Too many concerned with the lack of praise from the opposition supporters. A bit miss-placed.

If the score had been 2-0, and the City players had been at their best, then the plaudits of having lost to a strong team away from home would most likely appear.

But what ensued was an awful display by a talented team. It's only natural that the debate will turn inward. As many said, they knew we were a strong squad and some thought defeat was possible. But what happened was unacceptable- whoever they are playing in this league.

But that's okay by me..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Like Norwich - always seem a decent bunch but Alex Neil tinged the whole club with arrogance with some of his comments & post match comments which I felt a few of their fans carried too - the anti-Hughton thing is weirdly harsh...

Don't know if anyone saw the 6 or so in Afro yellow & green wigs at any point (stag do I think). They were walking around the west stand at 2 ish randomly belting out OUR Elliott Benno song?! I assume it was intended as a dig because he joined them but I did ask them if I'd gone back 2 yes in time & reminded them he didn't play for them. To my delight the same numptys were walking back past us after the match (a lot quieter) & I couldn't resist singing the Benno song back at them :lol: They took it fairly well but I couldn't resist pointing out they weren't so trappy now :)

Another random one - there was a fairly pissed Norwich fan on the steps declaring they were 'this shit every week'. Was a nice enough fella but very loud & had a chat with him. He told me if we go up 'you have to get rid of Hughton he's shit' Obviously I told him no chance it's only Norwich that don't like him to which he replied 'what's he ever achieved?' - many around us chuckled when a few of us replied 'a 5-0 win against Norwich for one' :lol:

Great numbers but really quiet yesterday - didn't notice the whole stand signing together once & they didn't seem to respond to our good noise. It was only 1-0 for an hour or so - I expected louder. The likes of Leeds & sometimes Wednesday :lol: deserve credit for the noise they make when they come down here they really do. Other away followings are often very quiet...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
On a side note, whilst we were waiting to meet our nephews at yesterday's game, by the bike racks.
A Norwich supporter, nearby, came over to chat about the impending game, giving us the thumbs up on a win.
After a friendly chat ensued, it turns out he actually was born in Brighton, but moved to Norfolk when young, so he was having slight split loyalties (his words).
Seemed very genuine :thumbsup:

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
No issues with Norwich fans at all. Seemed decent enough before kick-off and quietly resigned after defeat. I quite like their city and Norfolk is a pleasant enough county. Perhaps that sort of environment breeds a better fan than the arrogant and often bigoted idiots we get from the industrial North (yes, I mean YOU, you Yorkshire puddings!).:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here