GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
At the 15 game mark we were.

Still unbeaten
Sitting in third place
Goal difference of plus 8

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2015-2016/table/2015-11-03

Interestingly we had scored more goals 30 v 29. So the improved goal difference plus 14 is down to a demonstrable defensive.improvement.

I would factor out 3 goals and put us on +11 (as if we had beaten Norwich 2-0) for five zero's & albion don't happen every day....
a repeat of last season and an improvement at either end and despite the fact that we (so open to debate) did not score enough (i know,after march & eventually we did) an improvement at the other end (they knew what they were doing) letting Greer go (not that he was to blame) would see Albion go up...

Barring a injury pile up (maybe the odd dip in form and suspension) we are (keep it quite) going up maybe?

That said...............

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
31 points then, 31 points now.

I notice the top 5 teams at this point last season all finished in the top 6.

who missed out..

CheeseRolls

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
31 points then, 31 points now.

Yep I missed off the obvious comparison.

In our race to beat ourselves, we continued the unbeaten run through November, but the sickening run of injuries screwed us in December.

Looking at the quality we have to come back before December. We look better placed to cope right now.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
At this stage last season we'd scored 19 and conceded 11. This season scored 23 and conceded 9.

An improvement at both ends.......the importance (so far) of GD is not lost after last year,have we played anyone good yet? :lol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We only beat one of the other teams that ended up in the top six over the whole season. Factor that in to this s Aston's results and we would not be second with a cushion now. Looking very promising at the moment

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That's debatable. I still don't think we've seen the best of our team yet and we've battered a few teams.

I was being a bit jestefull there,i agree & we should go on stronger...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

There was a piece in The Argus the other week about most teams finishing close to where they were after just 12 games last season.

So logically that rule might be even more true after 15 games, but I think things could shuffle around a fair bit more this year.

The likes of Villa and even Fulham or Leeds could still rise up and push some of the current playoff teams out - Huddersfield for example.

And are Derby really as bad as their current position?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Need 10 points from Bristol City, villa, Fulham and Cardiff to have the same as last year after 19 games. Luckily Fulham have Brentford and sheff wed to slow them down in their next two games before we play them.

Be handy if Birmingham can stop villa winning too and then a gap can be opened if we win these games.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

There was a piece in The Argus the other week about most teams finishing close to where they were after just 12 games last season.

So logically that rule might be even more true after 15 games, but I think things could shuffle around a fair bit more this year.

The likes of Villa and even Fulham or Leeds could still rise up and push some of the current playoff teams out - Huddersfield for example.

And are Derby really as bad as their current position?

CheeseRolls

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
When you are winning this stuff just looks great. See the link for detailed explanation

https://experimental361.com/2016/10/30/e-ratings-update-championship-30-oct-2016/
ch-sparklines-2016-10-29.png
ch-probabilities-2016-10-29.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here