Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Streakers at games

For no known reason at half time today youngest Potting asked if I had ever seen a streaker. Now it may have just been a surfeit of Jelly Babies (our unhealthy confection of choice at games) but I am sure I recall seeing a male streaker at a game at the Goldstone? It was a very wet day, he ran most of the length of the pitch and then disappeared into the North Stand to much cheering and applause. Memory suggests we were playing a Welsh team.

Not the sort of thing to make the match stats. but can anyone back me up on this and provide more details?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Really don't know why I remember this but I'm certain it was against Chester City in a 3-2 win opening game of the season.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
There was one against Tranmere Rovers on the opening day in 1991. Although I'm not sure why he did. If I had one that small I wouldn't have done it for the most lucrative of bets.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
There was one against Tranmere Rovers on the opening day in 1991. Although I'm not sure why he did. If I had one that small I wouldn't have done it for the most lucrative of bets.

Was that the 0-2 loss? on our relegation after the play offs? I now for some unfathomable reason seem to recall it.....crikey what a memory if true.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yes I think John Aldridge scored both for Tranmere.

Odd season that,i knew we had gone in the 0-3 at home to Oxford in March that year..Started so well too after that if the memory serves.....still at least Palace lost 9-0

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
There was a streaker at Brisbane Road when we played Orient away a few years ago.

We also had a streaker at the Amex, during an England U21 game a couple of years ago.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Remember 2 at Brentford. One ran to halfway line and bared his Arse at us����

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I remember the days when bookies used to offer odds on a streaker at the tennis at Wimbledon or a test match at Lords. Can't ever remember seeing one at football which is surprising given the number of people - not worth it for a banning order these days.

Too much security now. There wouldn't be enough time to run on an outside tennis court, remove Eugenie Bouchard's knickers and ejaculate up her. :ohmy:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
Was that the 0-2 loss? on our relegation after the play offs? I now for some unfathomable reason seem to recall it.....crikey what a memory if true.

0-2 loss. Aldridge was playing for Rovers.

Albion my Albion

Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The players had been warned by their manager keep your eye on the ball. Dunk immediately after seeing the streaker said, "I forgot to ask Hughton which ball to keep my eye on."

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I know it was rugby, but I was hoping to see a picture of Erica Roe ( Row , or whatever) :clap::D

23BFBBF400000578-0-image-m-4_1417812329138.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here