Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good away fans in the north after game

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Massive hat-off to the 5 Norwich fans who came down the north stand after the game.

We stood outside the north singing at away fans as they moped down the top path to the station, then 5 lads in wigs turned back and walked down the steps.
I expected the stewards to intercept and send them back up but no.
They wondered over and loads of us shook hands with them, people borrowed their wigs, and gave them back.
A good few if us invited them in for more beer and as we walked in, another 'fan' was in front of us; he looked at them, mouthed no and waved his hands at them.
They all then bottled thinking they were going to get a right beating.
We worked to apologise and convince them it'll be fine. And a steward flew in quick and thankfully removed the 'fan'.
We got them in and to the bar.

They kept starting the song "we're ****ing shit", I'm sure lots of you saw it and joined in, swapping "we're" for "you're".
It appeared that the albion fan who led them in, who I'm aware is early Goldstone heritage, bought them all a drink, and fended off their offers of contribution.

On the way in someone nicked a wig off one of their head, and within half a minute, someone else had taken it back of him and given it back to its owner.

It wasn't quite the conga from their last visit but I'm glad they came in and lots of people shook their hand etc.

More than one of them told me how pleasantly surprised they were at the ground still being open for beer after the game, let alone away fans being allowed in.

It might have been different if we'd lost 2-1 to a last minute offside goal, or not?

But it was cool, 'most' fans in the vicinity looked after them all the way to the station, I'd like to presume it continued on the train and after.

Jan 30, 2008
Massive hat-off to the 5 Norwich fans who came down the north stand after the game.

We stood outside the north singing at away fans as they moped down the top path to the station, then 5 lads in wigs turned back and walked down the steps.
I expected the stewards to intercept and send them back up but no.
They wondered over and loads of us shook hands with them, people borrowed their wigs, and gave them back.
A good few if us invited them in for more beer and as we walked in, another 'fan' was in front of us; he looked at them, mouthed no and waved his hands at them.
They all then bottled thinking they were going to get a right beating.
We worked to apologise and convince them it'll be fine. And a steward flew in quick and thankfully removed the 'fan'.
We got them in and to the bar.

They kept starting the song "we're ****ing shit", I'm sure lots of you saw it and joined in, swapping "we're" for "you're".
It appeared that the albion fan who led them in, who I'm aware is early Goldstone heritage, bought them all a drink, and fended off their offers of contribution.

On the way in someone nicked a wig off one of their head, and within half a minute, someone else had taken it back of him and given it back to its owner.

It wasn't quite the conga from their last visit but I'm glad they came in and lots of people shook their hand etc.

More than one of them told me how pleasantly surprised they were at the ground still being open for beer after the game, let alone away fans being allowed in.

It might have been different if we'd lost 2-1 to a last minute offside goal, or not?

But it was cool, 'most' fans in the vicinity looked after them all the way to the station, I'd like to presume it continued on the train and after.
5 fans in WIGS end of thread :facepalm::lolol::lolol::lolol:
regards
DR

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven