Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Martin

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not happy.

I wonder if any of his teams criticism was aimed at himself, his response to our fifth goal was embarrassing, playing us onside then failing to track back. You'd shout at a schoolboy for that type of defending.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
What's most shocking about this entire day is that someone is still using an iPhone 4.

...and to record a post-match interview...

Russet_Potato.jpg

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Oh dear - they lost to a team "like Brighton".

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Not the sort of player I'd want in our team. Completely inept performance on a personal level yet seems to be blaming it on anyone but himself.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Players say nothing of substance = moan.
Players speak the truth and call out the team after a 5-0 wallopping = moan.

If we lost 5-0 to Bristol City next weekend, I want Lewis Dunk coming out and saying he's had strong words with the team, because it would be the right thing to do.

But ultimately they've been mugged off by their goalkeeper today, and the ineffective performances of Tettey, Pritchard, Dorrans and Hoolahan in midfield. They were poor but not 5-0 poor without a shocking excuse for a keeper.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Long may Neill remain manager and Martin remain captain. Teams that get promoted don't capitulate like that.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
A total gulf in class between the two managers, not a single word in praise of the Albion today, whereas, win, lose or draw CH always has a decent word about the opposition

A manager under BIG pressure.

He knows that they need to turn around their slump in the next few games or he's sacked.

We've averaged 2pts per game for the last 60 games in this division. With Newcastle looking like running away with it, the board will know they cannot leave it for long without bringing in a new man or the autos will be gone.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Think it's a bit unrealistic to expect gushing praise for us from Norwich today, they are hurting badly and this was the fourth in a poor run of games for them.

They are (rightly) one of the big favourites for automatic promotion with a very good team, but they didn't turn up this afternoon, we bullied them from the first whistle, and they have been absolutely humiliated with at least 4 of the goals stemming from individual errors. Personally I thought Martin called it absolutely spot on, and I daresay he includes himself in wanting a reaction in their next game.

Brighton were playing it down afterwards but this was a huge win, especially since we won 1/10 against the rest of the top six last season. Considering we were top for most of it, that is an amazing stat.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Apparently CH used to get slated for praising the opposition when he was Norwich manager.
A bit of courtesy is nice though IMO.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Really honest feedback - sort of reaction any club should want from their captain. He was rubbish today but not as bad as others...

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Mind you, a lot of the family and friends at the game are probably Albion supporters

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here