Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two day City break.......suggestions?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I want to take Mrs *Gullsworth* away for a mid week November break, just two nights, bit of shopping, sightseeing, few drinks ect. Any suggestions. I fancy Copenhagen or Berlin and there are some very good deals for around £150 each for nice hotel and bed and breakfast but no transfers. What are the rates in different cities for a taxi to the city centres? Does anyone have any experience of any of these places. I know they are cheap and to be honest she wants to go to Rome and I would love to take her but we are talking double your money and with the run up to Christmas just not really possible........is it?

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
I've been to both this year and Berlin and Copenhagen airports have direct links to the city centre which takes about 30 mins. Taxi will cost about 30 euros. Any advice, let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Krakow

Cheap flights and a lovely city unspoiled by WW2 bombing. Did what i have always wanted to do and visit Auschwitz-Birkenau. Returning next year.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Valenica is fantastic and a great place to visit if you haven't been. Should have nice weather too.

The park in the old river bed and the Centre of Arts & Sciences are brilliant. Fantastic old town to boot with plenty of "non touristy" spots to be enjoyed :)

valencia-premium-turia-gardens.jpg

dmc-valencia1.jpg

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
2 day break is perfect for a visit to Lisbon. Plenty to see, the food is fantastic, & it's warm.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I want to take Mrs *Gullsworth* away for a mid week November break, just two nights, bit of shopping, sightseeing, few drinks ect. Any suggestions. I fancy Copenhagen or Berlin and there are some very good deals for around £150 each for nice hotel and bed and breakfast but no transfers. What are the rates in different cities for a taxi to the city centres? Does anyone have any experience of any of these places. I know they are cheap and to be honest she wants to go to Rome and I would love to take her but we are talking double your money and with the run up to Christmas just not really possible........is it?

If you're on a budget, I'd discount anywhere in Scandinavia straightaway. The prices for food and drink will make your eyes water.

Also NEVER take a taxi from any airport serving any city without researching all public transport alternatives first. Any airport worth it's salt will invariably have some kind of Airlink bus, or tram or metro or any combination thereof that will whisk you into the city in two shakes of a lamb's tail. The price will be about a tenth of what a taxi will cost you. You can usually buy some form of bargain 1/2/3 day travelcard at the airport on arrival. Some of those offer discount entry to the attractions you'll probably be wanting to see, and may well include a free guidebook and/or map.

My top three recommendations for a mid week November break would be Tallinn, Berlin or Prague, probably in that order.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer

I always used to be an adviocate of buying flights and hotels separately, which I still do, but check out BA Holidays website. We did Rome last year departing 28/12 and returning 31/12 ( I'm not a big New Year fan!) and for three nights in a three star hotel near a metro stop within the City walls, including flights and breakfast it cost us £169 each. We are off to Venice on 10/11 for three nights staying 100 m from St Marks Square and it is £220 each. Admittedly there are more expensive options but if you are flexible then they do have some good deals. If not, check out thecEasyjet website for cheap flights and book the hotel direct. Rome is a must though and you could take her to a match too!

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Ps Trains go from a Rome airport to Termini in central Rome. They have quick trains a bit like the Gatwick Express Inthink for about 15euros or cheaper coach options. Pre booked taxi will be about 45/50 Euro each way.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Ps Trains go from a Rome airport to Termini in central Rome. They have quick trains a bit like the Gatwick Express Inthink for about 15euros or cheaper coach options. Pre booked taxi will be about 45/50 Euro each way.
Thanks for the information everyone, I knew the fountain of knowledge that is NSC would not let me down.

Oct 25, 2003
you don't need taxi's in copenhagen- it's relatively small and flat. Plus they have excellent public transport as you'd expect from a nordic nation. The airport isn't that far from the city either

but it is VERY expensive once you're there so certainly not really doable on a budget

paul wickens

Wicko1
Dec 23, 2011
Thanks for the information everyone, I knew the fountain of knowledge that is NSC would not let me down.

Berlin for me. Easy train ride into the centre from the airport ( all trains are regular, punctual and cheap) Lots to do, mostly within walking distance. Would recommend the half day group cycle tour to get your bearings. Relatively inexpensive when compared to similar type cities. Try, also to get to the Olympic Stadium.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Absolutely Berlin it's brilliant. Historic and beautiful, so much to see and do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here