Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olsson - no sending off

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
What did people make of Olsson staying on the pitch?

My first thought was he should have got a straight red for putting his head on Muzza. But when I saw the highlights, it looked more 50-50.

Then the foul on Skalak. You could make an argument it was a collision rather than malicious. Though my view is he knew exactly what he was doing and it should have been a second yellow.

Your thoughts?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Should have been off. He was so bad though it would have made very little difference!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I thought the ref was excellent today, got nearly every call right.
Olsson is just a pantomime villain, we were better off with him staying on, he wasn't very good, and his replacement may have been better

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Never a sending off. First one was handbags with Murray making a meal of it. The Skalak incident was just two players going for the ball and Skalak got their first, then made a meal of it.

The only decision the ref got wrong was booking Murray.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He should have been off for two yellows. Hung onto the ball for about 20 seconds before throwing it back to Stockdale and the incident with Murray was a yellow at the very least for me. The Norwich players lost their cool today.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Should definitely have been off but in a way I am glad he wasn't. Suspect they would have been harder to break down as they would have gone more defensive.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He should have been give a yellow in the first half when he had a paddy and dropped the ball miles from any other player - no different from kicking the ball away, he would then have been sent off later.

However, I'm pleased he wasn't sent off because that would have given Norwich (and the other 23 clubs) the excuse if us scoring 4 against 10 men.

Him falling over in front of the NS was comedy gold and then he pretended to be injured to justify his fall.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Never a sending off. First one was handbags with Murray making a meal of it. The Skalak incident was just two players going for the ball and Skalak got their first, then made a meal of it.

The only decision the ref got wrong was booking Murray.

Rubbish. He should have had a booking for carrying the ball away as that is tantamount to kicking the ball away. The incident with Murray would have seen him sent off.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
If he had been sent off they wouldn't have had the arrogance to push their full backs so far forward, after 2-0.
Did they not do their homework?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
If he had been sent off they wouldn't have had the arrogance to push their full backs so far forward, after 2-0.
Did they not do their homework?

They were prepped according to their manager. Old fashioned, he called us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The head thing defo 50:50 but didn't realise til the highlights he kicked Murray off the ball - could've been straight red for that tbf. Looked like a second yellow for foul on Skalak but want to see it again...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Best for us to have such a woeful hothead on the pitch.

Well played son.

Absolutely this. Should have had three bookings but I think we were better served with him still "playing".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He could have been sent off, substituted because of injury or replaced for playing rubbish.... thankfully Neil punished him by leaving him on the pitch. Falling over, foul throws, wasting time when losing, arguing with team mate and manager - candidate for player of the season perhaps?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here