Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Norwich

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Well I didn’t see that result coming! What a game! Great display by the Albion taking advantage of some awful defending by Norwich.

Stockdale 7. A couple of decent saves, but also some wayward kicking.
Bruno 7. Not his best game, but played his part in a great defensive clean sheet.
Duffy 8. Excellent. What a great acquisition.
Dunk 8. Well taken goal and a very good overall performance. About time our defenders pitched in with some goals.
Bong 9. Back to his very best. Great cross for the goal. When he received the ball there was no dithering, he just motored forward and crossed the ball. Positive play which I’d like to see a bit more of on occasions.
Stephens 8. Good to have him back in the starting line-up. Accomplished.
Sidwell 9. Possibly his best performance for us. He was everywhere.
Skalak 8. Another player who gave possibly his best performance. Was it three assists?
Knockhaert 7. Not his best game, but a well taken goal. The mazy run followed by the cross/shot should instead have been passed to Murray who would have had a clear shot at goal.
Baldock 8. A good all-round game. Great partnership with Murray.
Murray 10. MoM. First time I’ve given a 10 rating, but three goals plus some great hold-up play and distribution and winning just about everything in the air is reason enough.

Subs:
Hemed 7. Did what was required of him.
Norwood 7 Ditto
Murphy N/A.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale 8

Bruno 8
Bong 8
Dunk 9
Duffy 8

Knockaert 8
Skalak 8
Sidwell 8
Stephens 8

Baldock 7
Murray 9 mom

Knockaert 8

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Well I didn’t see that result coming! What a game! Great display by the Albion taking advantage of some awful defending by Norwich.

Stockdale 7. A couple of decent saves, but also some wayward kicking.
Bruno 7. Not his best game, but played his part in a great defensive clean sheet.
Duffy 8. Excellent. What a great acquisition.
Dunk 8. Well taken goal and a very good overall performance. About time our defenders pitched in with some goals.
Bong 9. Back to his very best. Great cross for the goal. When he received the ball there was no dithering, he just motored forward and crossed the ball. Positive play which I’d like to see a bit more of on occasions.
Stephens 8. Good to have him back in the starting line-up. Accomplished.
Sidwell 9. Possibly his best performance for us. He was everywhere.
Skalak 8. Another player who gave possibly his best performance. Was it three assists?
Knockhaert 7. Not his best game, but a well taken goal. The mazy run followed by the cross/shot should instead have been passed to Murray who would have had a clear shot at goal.
Baldock 8. A good all-round game. Great partnership with Murray.
Murray 10. MoM. First time I’ve given a 10 rating, but three goals plus some great hold-up play and distribution and winning just about everything in the air is reason enough.

Subs:
Hemed 7. Did what was required of him.
Norwood 7 Ditto
Murphy N/A.

This but Duffy 9 for the job he did on Jerome

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
superb performance. Comments on a couple of the players:
Duffy. I thought he was immense today. Absolutely commanding and gives Dunk the opportunity to be more creative too. In his way as important a signing as Knockaert
Skalak. Three assists - Murphy is going to have his work cut out to replace Jiri
Murray. Noticeable how all through the game he was talking to Norwich players - he knows the black arts. Superb performance

seems to me that throughout the match we were also waging psychological warfare on Norwich. We destroyed them mentally as well as on the pitch. Pritchard was definitely taken apart by words in the ear. Excellent stuff.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just give them all a 9 - wipe your face - move onto Bristol.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale - 7 - did what he had to do, thought that long shot almost caught him out. Better distribution than of late

Bruno - 7 - solid

Duffy - 8.5 - superb. He's turning into an immense asset. Unbeatable in the air.

Dunk - 8.5 - also very good, and a goal. Great stuff.

Bong - 9 - back to his best, particularly going forward. Developing a good partnership with Skalak now. Strong defensively too.

Stephens - 7.5 - did ok but outshone by....

Sidwell - 9 - fantastic performance for the full 90 mins. MOM if it wasn't for Murray's hat trick

Knockaert - 7.5 - not at his best, lovely finish though

Skalak - 8 - has hit a good run of form. Mr Assist.

Baldock - 7.5 - worked his arse off as usual, some nice touches

Murray - 9.5 - best he's played since returning. Won so much in the air, great hold-up play and three goals.

Hemed - 7 - looked lively
Others - not enough to rate

Hughton - 10 - I hope he is sat at home sipping a very expensive glass of red that he has saved for a special occasion, with a deservedly smug grin on his face.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Bong 9
Dunk 8.5
Duffy 8.5
Sidwell 9
Skalak 9 (3 assists?)
Murray 10
The rest have 8's

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Stockdale 7.5
Bruno 7.5
Duffy 9
Dunk 9
Bong 8.5
Knockaert 7.5
Sidwell 9
Stephens 8
Skalak 8
Murray 10
Baldock 7.5

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Stockdale- 7
Bruno-7
Dunk-8
Duffy-9
Bong-8
Knockaert-9
Sidwell-9
Stephens-8.5
Skalak-9
Baldock-8
Murray-10

Hemed-7
Norwood-6
Murphy-N/A

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Stockdale 7
Bruno 8
Dunk 8
Duffy 8
Bong 9
Knockaert 9
Sidwell 9
Stephens 8
Skalak 8
Baldock 7
Murray 9 MOTM

Hemed 7
Norwood 7
Murphy 10 - put in a solid shift, very well played sir.

Hughton 10

Selected Norwich ratings:

McGovern 1
Pritchard 2
Olsson 2
Alex Neil 10

Hugo Rune

Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Anyone hear that imbecile on the moan in phoning in to slate Bong? Surely a Palace fan? ???

He actually said he was worried about left back position first. I took this to be a spoof call, possibly aimed at ridiculing our dear old BG?

Rosenior & Adekugbe (when fit soon hopefully) are a great 3rd and 4th choice, Bong has got the shirt currently and looks at his best with Pocognoli looking like he can step in effectively if needed.

Prank call.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here