Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray.....

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
How many goals would Hemed have scored had he started? Exactly! Those who thought Muzza wasn't a major improvement have shown how poor their judgement is.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think Saturday probably was the day for me when I forgave the bloke, because was seriously pissed off he went to Palace and then the low moments scoring for them in the league game at the Amex, helping them get promoted etc

And it is more than the goals, although scoring regularly for Brighton once again clearly helps the situation.

Murray was asked afterwards when his last hat-trick was, his last one for Albion had been against Orient (2011?) but he had a couple for Palace. But he would only say "I have got one since that Orient one...elsewhere."

If he can't even bring himself to say their name now in polite society, then as far as I'm concerned he's home.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
yep ...poyet , bit of a tit really , his handling of pooh gate and the muzz affair really de-railed us for a season and a bit and also put us through the pain of hyppia.

We now look back and inevitably come to that conclusion, as Muzza has been an absolute revelation in most games. But, to be fair,5 years ago opinion regarding him was rather more divided, and I recall many posts about him not really trying that hard in some matches and being moody. Not sure how Poyet can be blamed for Hyppia. . .

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Murray was asked afterwards when his last hat-trick was, his last one for Albion had been against Orient (2011?) but he had a couple for Palace. But he would only say "I have got one since that Orient one...elsewhere."

If he can't even bring himself to say their name now in polite society, then as far as I'm concerned he's home.

:Lovely stuff :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Glad to have him back to score the goals to take us up. We can only look and say about last January window but it wasn't to be. Well done to all concerned for finally getting him back before it is too late and he had lost the urge. Just hope that AFC Bournemouth do not have a recall clause for January or if so TB can splash the cash and buy him as he would be a sound investment for our future £100m.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Oh do grow up. Why this obsession with Crystal Palace? We're doing very nicely this season thank you. Forget about our neighbours near Croydon and just enjoy supporting the Albion.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Oh do grow up. Why this obsession with Crystal Palace? We're doing very nicely this season thank you. Forget about our neighbours near Croydon and just enjoy supporting the Albion.

How patronising. You support in your way, and let him support in his way.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We now look back and inevitably come to that conclusion, as Muzza has been an absolute revelation in most games. But, to be fair,5 years ago opinion regarding him was rather more divided, and I recall many posts about him not really trying that hard in some matches and being moody. Not sure how Poyet can be blamed for Hyppia. . .

Seeing as how Oscar got us into the playoffs the following season, I agree.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think Saturday probably was the day for me when I forgave the bloke, because was seriously pissed off he went to Palace and then the low moments scoring for them in the league game at the Amex, helping them get promoted etc

And it is more than the goals, although scoring regularly for Brighton once again clearly helps the situation.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Clearly never wanted to leave.

I am always loathe to criticise Gus Poyet but he dropped a massive bollock there. We ended up with Craig Mackail-Smith and paid a lot more for the privelege. FFS. :nono:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
His receive, turn, touch and shot against Preston: he is the only person in the squad who could score a goal like that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In defense of Gus it must be pointed out that he thought CMS fitted his style of play better and cannot be held responsible for the injury that initially thwarted CMS. The rest and his decline was not down to Gus but to CMS himself.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

:lolol: Congrats, you win the much-prized Great Cornholio award for the day.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don't think we were all that divided 5 years ago about Murray. He'd had a really good season for us when we won division 1 and at the victory parade on Madeira Drive, we all sung 'sign him up' to that prat Poyet. More like 6 or 7 years ago when he was recovering from injury, people then accused him of being lazy and not trying.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
But he's not "supporting". He's being very childish.
Not at all. Plenty of us are interested in the rivalry between us and crystal palace. Why should you care if we do? I don't suppose we care too much if you think it's childish. Each to his own, it's a free country.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I don't think we were all that divided 5 years ago about Murray. He'd had a really good season for us when we won division 1 and at the victory parade on Madeira Drive, we all sung 'sign him up' to that prat Poyet. More like 6 or 7 years ago when he was recovering from injury, people then accused him of being lazy and not trying.

That prat Poyet offered him a contract, which Murrray refused to sign.

Murray & his family would have everyone believe that he said he would sign if more was offered.

We've had several more players refuse to sign contracts since then, but I don't read abuse for Oscar or Hughton.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That prat Poyet offered him a contract, which Murrray refused to sign.

Murray & his family would have everyone believe that he said he would sign if more was offered.

We've had several more players refuse to sign contracts since then, but I don't read abuse for Oscar or Hughton.
It's probably a fair assumption that Poyet undervalued him with that contract offer and compounded the problem by signing a worse striker at considerable cost. To be fair, even that wasn't obvious for a season because CMS's first season was probably better than Murray's for Palace.

It was a mistake by Poyet, undoubtedly. But what is sad is that people are re-writing history by calling him a prat. Poyet remains one of the best managers we've ever had here. I think he deserves a bit more respect than he gets by too many people on here who seem to forget his contribution to this club with each passing year.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It's probably a fair assumption that Poyet undervalued him with that contract offer and compounded the problem by signing a worse striker at considerable cost. To be fair, even that wasn't obvious for a season because CMS's first season was probably better than Murray's for Palace.

It was a mistake by Poyet, undoubtedly. But what is sad is that people are re-writing history by calling him a prat. Poyet remains one of the best managers we've ever had here. I think he deserves a bit more respect than he gets by too many people on here who seem to forget his contribution to this club with each passing year.

Agree with pretty much all of that.

Poyet didn't make too many mistakes, but not getting Murray to sign a new contract was one of them.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
yep ...poyet , bit of a tit really , his handling of pooh gate and the muzz affair really de-railed us for a season and a bit and also put us through the pain of hyppia.

Yea he was a bit of a tit forgetting us into the playsoff s.did nt realise hyppia was getting all his managerial advice off poyet and playoffs the following year with the team he made under Oscar.Poyet has been one of the best managers in the last 25 years for the Albion. he signed a player who has now won the PL and made us a fair amount of cash too

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here