Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prem bound

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
still early but I can't help thinking defence is the key and we have what Boro and Burnley had last season. Add to that what we have in front of them and it is a great recipe!

MantisShrimpMan4eva

Feb 7, 2014
image.jpeg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I want to agree but..... Until it is mathematically certain we are promoted, I will outwardly smile.....inwardly I will sing and shout
Absolutely this. Will those who are celebrating our promotion already please wind their necks in! It ain't done and dusted yet, and pride comes before a fall and all that................

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
31 games still to go. Lead four points! So, err, not quite there yet :)

But it does look good.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
If ever there was a result to spur them on and get the mindset that nobody is good enough to deny them today was it unless we get a dreadful injury crisis that's us up

Long way to go mate. Put the Pom-Pond down. Like you said we need to stay injury free and hope bigger clubs do not poach our better players in January

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
A magical afternoon, however, there is such a long way to go. We don't need reminding about the festive fixtures last season and how quickly it changed but it feels different this campaign. When there's been a setback the lads have been put it right almost immediately. It feels fantastic and it's nice to enjoy the moment. :clap:

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
No one has kept as many clean sheets in the football league as us.

We are going up.

Hopefully not,there is no way we can take points away from the top teams and we will be hoping to pick up the odd points from the lower half of the league by playing very negative football,which will end up by our great stadium being half full,the same people who are talking of promotion will be calling for our manager to be sacked,enjoy our present league which we can occupy a top half position,Bolton fans were very happy before they were promoted,tune in to Channel five to see the many stadiums half full,be happy for what we have achieved

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
Plenty of positives so far:

We have got the bad days at the office out of our system quickly

Murray 9 goals in 15

Stronger squad, and more players with promotion experience from The Championship (Sidwell, Murray, Knockaert). Half a season more (compared to last) from Knockaert and Skalak

Clean sheets as mentioned - promotions are built on those 1-0 away wins, as at Wigan

Currently averaging the required two points a game...

...and doing a good job of taking GD out of the equation this time - only us and Newcastle have +GD in double figures so far

The pain of last season driving us on, a manager who has been here before, a mentality of keeping hold of our best players.

We're in a great position with 1/3 of the season gone, and look tougher this time - better game management (Preston apart), and more resilient.

But, this is the Championship, and we all know that we never make things easy for ourselves. Would you take needing a point away to Villa to go up? I would with this team.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here