Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing Match Day

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
First really big game of the season in my opinion, and I'm back here at work, missing it all.
I'm sure others that are abroad or away with work will know what I mean, there is nothing worse.
I will miss getting in the Bystander for brekkie before nipping down the Nelson early doors. The walk down Trafalgar Street to hop on the uni bus to Falmer. Getting the team news en route, talking about the game with everyone, even away fans sometimes.
That last pint in Dicks before heading up to the West Stand to get there just in time to say hi to everyone as Fan Zone is going on.
Then GOSBTS as the teams come out.

God I miss it!

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
First really big game of the season in my opinion, and I'm back here at work, missing it all.
I'm sure others that are abroad or away with work will know what I mean, there is nothing worse.
I will miss getting in the Bystander for brekkie before nipping down the Nelson early doors. The walk down Trafalgar Street to hop on the uni bus to Falmer. Getting the team news en route, talking about the game with everyone, even away fans sometimes.
That last pint in Dicks before heading up to the West Stand to get there just in time to say hi to everyone as Fan Zone is going on.

God I miss it!
I went through a stage in the late 70's early 80's where I missed quite a few games as I was in the forces.
It was worse then as I'm sure you can remember, due to there being no internet or dodgy streams.

Let's hope the boys do the biz for you today

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick

God I miss it!

Any chance you can watch it on the internet? Lots of steams for today's game.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I know how you feel, you get that sinking feeling (bad phrase if you're on a ship!) that builds and gets worse just before kickoff. I missed the last two matches due to a slipped disk and I found it so difficult to watch my boys go off to the match with their uncle. Today, as I struggle from the bridge car park to my seat, I will think of you and sympathise with your feelings.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bad news as missing this as well, flying home tonight.

Good news is tickets being used by others, will have to rely on BBC website to follow the game.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm on call and won't get to the game. I'm at home though. I'd like to watch it on a stream but don't trust those websites with viruses etc.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
20 times a season I feel like that but not today.

Off for brunch in Lewes soon. Then drinking in a way alien to California - relaxed, carefree and to excess. Walk up from the station ... pie, pint ... up the "tunnel" ... first glimpse of the green pitch which never fails to quicken the pulse. GOSBTS. Hoarse by half-time. Home for my tea at 6. Slump in front of the telly tired and happy. There will be a price to pay in the morning and my flight back tomorrow afternoon will probably be a bit queasy but life is for living, eh?

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Have not missed games at home for years, and missed one away this year although the big game today and flying from heathrow! Not happy, hope the game lives up to expectations. Enjoy all.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

S

smileyweb

Currently on a plane home from Alicante and not landing until HT. Thank god for free in-flight WiFi, so I can follow it all on here. Even though it's making me sick with nerves. Also missing the AITC walk round the pitch, too... :-(

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Im in Ibiza in beautiful weather with a San Miguel, part of me would still rather be at The Amex though!

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
I am similarly missing but holiday bound, so not complaining. Able to listen before departure though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I just cant get to games like i used to, i feel bad before every game home or away that i cant get to, but today is far worse, i arranged to be in Eastbourne today so i could go to the game but i had to change it to last weekend which really pissed me off.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
On beach in Egypt, 30degrees but would rather be at the Amex....for 2 hours! Friends in seats so put to good use.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Flight was cancelled last night from Galapagos to Quito, Ecuador so unable to watch the game as flying this morning now. Not the worst place in the world to be stuck for a night however.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here