Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Print at home tickets

Jospeh

Oct 28, 2016
Does anyone know if you can just get the pdf up on your phone and the turnstile will scan the barcode from it? Usually I print them off but I'm out of ink.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I base this on people on here previously saying they've done this, but would be good to have it confirmed!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I have also heard of people doing this, but again have not done it myself. However I am sure I have also heard of people trying to do this and it not working, leading to an annoying trip to the ticket office. Not sure whether that was an initial problem though that has now been resolved.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Yes, I've done it many a time.

Do print to full-page A4 though as obviously, this will help the barcode reader at the turnstile.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
I've done it for a cup game. The scanner would not read from my phone, so had to go to ticket office and they printed off a ticket. Was a bit of a pain but no real problem and still avoided the booking fee

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Oops! Didn't really read the OP did I :laugh: I have done it on my phone too though, you may have to play around with the zoom a bit.

I'd also make sure the phone screen brightness is switched to maximum when you try to scan in. If the brightness is set too low you don't get the contrast the scanner requires.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
yes it works but to summarise what others have said
1/ take screenshot of the barcode so it almost fills your screen
2/ put phone brightness on full

I've done it about 5 times and worked every time

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports