Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prunes and Raisins

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Dried plums are called prunes and dried grapes are called raisins. So why are dried apricots just called dried apricots? These kinds of important questions need answers.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Oranges are called oranges because they're orange.

How come lemons aren't called yellows ???

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• productTemplate.jpg
    productTemplate.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 238

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Oranges are called oranges because they're orange.

How come lemons aren't called yellows ???

I'm going to use people's skin shade to name them today and see how I get on.

Going for coffee with Beige and Almond at 10:30 so will report back later.

Likely will get fired if my boss, Mocha, catches wind of this.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Good plan [MENTION=33965]FatSuperman[/MENTION], what could go wrong with that?

I am hoping to meet up with Strangely Brown for a swift one after work.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was going to take pasty & pale to the skate park today, but I think I'll give it a miss.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Dried plums are called prunes and dried grapes are called raisins. So why are dried apricots just called dried apricots? These kinds of important questions need answers.
Shall I go with an answer you will like? It is obviously because plums and grapes are dark skinned and apricots are not. PC gone mad, ain't it?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Now that everyone has camera phones, how come you NEVER see any footage or films of UFO's, Bigfoot, Nessie or aliens any more ?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Now that everyone has camera phones, how come you NEVER see any footage or films of UFO's, Bigfoot, Nessie or aliens any more ?

people are too busy on facebook or whatever to actually notice anything around them !

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

You've clearly not watched this then, Bigfoot's out there.....its quite a funny watch to be honest, would recommend. British bloke follows Bigfoot hunters who are all nutters, of various forms. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03z05nr

Also on the subject of UFOs, was watching one of those Adam Curtis documentaries that's on iPlayer at the moment. Apparently the UFO phenomenon really kicked off during the Cold War when the US started testing new, bizarre aircraft/war machines and didn't want anyone finding out. So they leaked some fabricated Government documents, which confirmed the existence of UFOs and confirmed alien landings in the US, to clearly vulnerable/gullible people who spread the story and the documents they'd 'found'. Gave the US Air Force space to test what they wanted in the skies, and led to UFO myth being perpetuated for a lot longer. Not got anything to do with dried fruit though, although Reagan looks like a prune from a distance.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here