Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elvis wants out!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Elvis Manu has revealed he is desperate to leave Brighton and would jump at the chance to return to his hometown club Feyenoord, should the opportunity arise.

The 23-year-old has failed to establish himself at Brighton following his one million pound move from Rotterdam two seasons ago. Manu has seen his appearances limited at The American Express Stadium featuring only six times this season, mostly in EFL cup games, while also being loaned out to Huddersfield Town towards the end of last season.

The striker recently spoke with AD.nl about his frustration and desire to leave Brighton saying “I honestly cannot wait for the winter, then there might be a chance of a loan move or a sale. I want to go back to the days that I was important.”

Asked if he favours a return to the Eredivise, and especially Feyenoord, Manu gave a resounding answer.

“Feyenoord is the only club I really have a warm feeling. So if I ever get an offer to come back, then I do not need long to think about it. It’s my club, I’ve already lived my moments and built up a good relationship with the fans,” he said.

During the summer, Manu was constantly linked to the Eredivise with a number of clubs interested in the winger including Excelsior.

He will now have to see in anyone firms up their interest in the January transfer window to allow him to put his difficult time in England to an end.

http://www.football-oranje.com/elvis-manu-yearns-feyenoord-return/

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Didn't tell us anything we don't already know. I guess its just a case of retrieving as much of this million squid as we can, and writing off the rest as a bad buy. It happens.

No more dutch players though please.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
If you look at the playing budget of Feyenoord, and some of the exports from the Dutch league in terms of money and the size of the club they have gone to, then I think the fact that Elvis came to us for £1 million says something about what they really felt there about his future.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Probably the best for both him and he club to move on. At least he seems to have tried in his time here (in training, so we have been told), unlike a certain other player who originated from the same league.................
No more dutch players though please.
100% this!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I do feel for the bloke, but the 'signs' were there in the first go at Wolves when one of the first things to happen was when the ball caught him right square in the fizzer. Slightly funny at the time, but a bad omen.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
...............and a couple of clubs in Holland, apparently. Wonder why one of those moves didn't come off?
Because Pritchard got lost on the M25.

Elvis would have already gone if we'd brought in Pritchard or another striker.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Unfortunate that he has found it necessary to put his feelings into print again, but it's hard not to feel a certain sympathy for him.

It just hasn't worked out for him, he doesn't fit the system that we are playing here at the moment, but that's the way of it sometimes I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here