Jonny Bairstow (wk) - 25
Chris Woakes - 10
Adil Rashid - 4
Zafar Ansari - 2
Steven Finn - 0

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
They keep talking about rotation rather than dropping. I think that saves a bit of embarrassment for Batty as he didn't bowl the greatest, but a bit harsh judging on one game. Ballance is a very lucky man, I don't see what he did in the time he was dropped to justify a return to the team, he clearly has something that Bayliss likes, but not sure what that is. Surely it would have been a good idea to get the youngster opening with Cook and play Duckett at 4 if the logic of rotation is there?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That England 1st test line-up consisted of players from 1 to 11 that had made a first class century. I bet that will have never have happened before, and will probably never happen again.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
They keep talking about rotation rather than dropping. I think that saves a bit of embarrassment for Batty as he didn't bowl the greatest, but a bit harsh judging on one game. Ballance is a very lucky man, I don't see what he did in the time he was dropped to justify a return to the team, he clearly has something that Bayliss likes, but not sure what that is. Surely it would have been a good idea to get the youngster opening with Cook and play Duckett at 4 if the logic of rotation is there?

Made a rod for their own backs by making him open instead of Hameed. Unfair to move him down to 4 after one game and drop Ballance as they need to try for consistency at the top of the order.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Made a rod for their own backs by making him open instead of Hameed. Unfair to move him down to 4 after one game and drop Ballance as they need to try for consistency at the top of the order.

If Duckett and Ballance both fail again they've made serious rods for their own backs for the first test in Rajkot in 2 weeks.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
If Duckett and Ballance both fail again they've made serious rods for their own backs for the first test in Rajkot in 2 weeks.

Duckett hasn't. Gone are the days you get dropped after two tests. He will have a long run at opening and rightly so.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Who is the young opener we took ?

I thought he was going to be given a go, and move Duckett down the order to replace Ballance ?...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Who is the young opener we took ?

I thought he was going to be given a go, and move Duckett down the order to replace Ballance ?...

Hameed. He's also right handed which means we wouldjn't have their spinners bowling into footmarks to most of our top order.

Cook, Duckett, Ballance, Stokes, Ali are all lefties.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Duckett hasn't. Gone are the days you get dropped after two tests. He will have a long run at opening and rightly so.

He'll more than likely play all 5 tests in India, then it's a long time until July and the 1st Test against South Africa, so one-way-or-another he will have a long run at opening. I would have picked Hameed for the left-hand/right-hand opening combination for one thing. We've too many southpaws in the team.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Morning everyone; Bangladesh win toss and will bat

Bangladesh:
Tamim Iqbal, Imrul Kayes, Mominul Haque, Mahmudullah, Mushfiqur Rahim*†, Shakib Al Hasan, Sabbir Rahman, Shuvagata Hom, Mehedi Hasan Miraz, Taijul Islam, Kamrul Islam Rabbi

England:
AN Cook*, BM Duckett, JE Root, GS Ballance, BA Stokes, MM Ali, JM Bairstow†, ZS Ansari, CR Woakes, AU Rashid, ST Finn

Hameed should be playing at expense of Balance IMO, but blimey that's a long batting order for England!

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
My heart yearns for Bapu Nadkarni......India v England....Madras Test....1963-4......32 overs....27 maidens.....5 runs....0 wickets.........131 successive dot balls........now that is proper cricket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here