Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man City

LVGull

May 13, 2016
No win in 6. 3 defeats, 3 draws. Could Guardiola be the big casualty of the season???
Not as easy as being in Spain or Germany.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What was almost more worrying was how United with pretty much a full side out, struggled to beat City's reserve team.

The Complete And Utter Shyster made a few strange decisions yet again.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
No chance... who would replace him? If Guardiola couldn't make it work,who can? Not a lot of managers would have the confidence to go in after and think they could do a better job.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Must admit I am enjoying the "crisis" at Man City. There is something about the club I simply don't like. I know plenty of other teams have bought success, but not really to the scale of City. I've long since held the belief that the problem there is it fine having a collection of very talented individual footballers, but whenever they lose it is nearly always because that collection of very talented individual footballers don't appear to play as a team.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I noticed that Guardiola had reacted somewhat testily to suggestions that he hadn't managed in a truly competitive league before and said that until you'd worked in Germany or Spain you couldn't judge. And one broadsheet journalist was wetting himself last week about critics of Guardiola's insistence on playing the ball out from the goalkeeper.

Neither Guardiola or The Guardian may like it, but it's a fact that most teams here aren't going to hang back cowering in their own halves waiting for the next attack and are going to get in the faces of Bravo, Stones and company (and Kompany), especially after recent incidents. Pep should have had the same humility about a different league that he wants us to have about Germany and Spain. I still think they'll win it but there could be some uncertain moments on the way.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is the first time he has ever managed in a competitive league, its probably come as a bit of a shock to him.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
They're still top of the league, so I can't imagine he has too much to worry about just yet. But they do seem to be struggling after their blistering start to the season. The next couple of games will either relieve any pressure on him or make it ten times worse.

I just don't understand why he's leaving Aguero out of the team. That's the biggest mystery in my opinion.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They're still top of the league, so I can't imagine he has too much to worry about just yet. But they do seem to be struggling after their blistering start to the season. The next couple of games will either relieve any pressure on him or make it ten times worse.

They had a great start, and where he's from, in his first job that would've left all but 1 team trailing in his wake, and in his 2nd job the League would already be all but over by now. The fact that despite that start the top 5 are still only separated by 1 point, and City are level on points with 2 of them, must be a bit of an eye-opener for him. Now we'll see his true managerial credentials.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Still think they'll win the league. Went up there for our (AFCB) annual thrashing and although we were only 6-7/10 that day, they were superb and did us 4-0. Best team I had ever seen us play in 35 years, De Bruyne incredible. As the season before when they did us 5-1, Aguero and Da Silva were both out!!

Still think they are the best team in the league on their day by a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here