Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England test match in India.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
To require match tickets do you need to belong to the official fans membership system like England fans or is it a case of just turn up and pay on the gate?

Would love to experience an England cricket match with the English fans.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To require match tickets do you need to belong to the official fans membership system like England fans or is it a case of just turn up and pay on the gate?

I would be utterly astonished, if you turned up with some CASH and were not permitted entry to the ground.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
I would be utterly astonished, if you turned up with some CASH and were not permitted entry to the ground.

That sounds promising. Just about to look at flights and where the venues are as this is a fantastic opportunity and only one to witness England play. Flight prices is irrelevant but getting match tickets is more of a concern. Want to watch one whole test match.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just turn up and pay. We were lucky that a holiday in Sri Lanka a few years ago coincided with an England tour. We went to days 2, 3 & 4. Day two we bought a ticket and on Day three we went round to the back of the ground and gained entry with the same tickets as on Day 2. They took the stubs this time so we had to pay again on Day 4, well two out of the three of us did anyway.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
With the definite exception of an away Ashes test and possibly Newlands for England, I'm pretty sure test matches are nowhere near selling out abroad.

Watching cricket in India is bloody brilliant.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

I've always needed tickets to go to cricket in India, I can't fathom where you would pay cash but I'm sure it's possible - Where are you planing to go?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Just turn up and pay. We were lucky that a holiday in Sri Lanka a few years ago coincided with an England tour. We went to days 2, 3 & 4. Day two we bought a ticket and on Day three we went round to the back of the ground and gained entry with the same tickets as on Day 2. They took the stubs this time so we had to pay again on Day 4, well two out of the three of us did anyway.

It made me laugh when I considered that the cost of those tickets must have been so paltry.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I've been to all 4 venues but not for Tests. Expect problems but you will be able to buy tickets. Rajkot is quietest at and has many Gandhi links, Kolkata still 'old' India and around 100,000 capacity, Mohali is in the foothills of the Himalayas should be coolest in temp and most dew, Mumbai will be the all the Mumbaikers, Bollywood lot and Tendulkar lovers. Anyone would do me. Few friends are going but they are doing the all inclusive, which isn't for me.

You should join the Barmy Army forum and ask the boys on there. They aren't as bad on there as the morons usually to be seen at the games. http://www.barmyarmy.com/forum_new/index.php?v=topic&f=0&p=66912&p=66912#p66912

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
It was actually about £20 each, locals are charged about 2p or something

Apologies. Mind you, it's a lot less than here still.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
It was actually about £20 each, locals are charged about 2p or something

They've lowered the prices for the test at the Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai to 150 rupees. That's just under £2 but Mohali and Rajkot should be cheaper, if that's too expensive.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
You'll be able to get tickets and the stadiums will only be about 25% full 'most' of the time. The only time the crowd increases is when the Indian batting heroes are at the crease. I saw Tendulkar get a century in Chennai and the moment he was out the stadium almost emptied. If England are batting the crowd will be low.
India is a brilliant place to both visit and watch cricket, but you must be prepared to stay patient when faced with bureaucratic delays. They do like to create lots of paperwork, they like to keep people queuing for ages and they are quite happy to have three people doing the job of one person. As long as you can handle the frustration you'll be fine.
Because of this I would go to the stadium the day before the match starts to get your tickets, otherwise you'll still be in a queue with 5000 locals about 2 hours after the games has started. I've also known tickets not to be available at the stadium but at a bank about 3 miles away.
I hope that hasn't put you off as India is a brilliant, vibrant and friendly country.
I'm heading out next week for my fourth cricket tour in India.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Something else you're not going to do, I suspect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here