Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

14 years ago today: Palace 5 Albion 0 (att: dunno)

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014
Where did those 14 years go?

At least the cyclical nature of football has given you a couple of great days against us since, and vice versa. I think we'll have the first top flight meeting since 1981 next year.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I kept looking at todays date vaguely thinking there was something about it I should remember. I've been racking my brains on birthdays and anniversaries, but drawn a blank. Now you've just reminded me. Thanks.

I think.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Horrible day. Tonked by Palace, crap performance, then didn't get home till 8.40 p.m. thanks to the Met trying to run up their overtime. Just wanted to get home and shut out the world rather than be faced with OB in riot gear, with dogs and horses. A day best forgotten.....

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
If you want the rainbow you've got to put up with the rain.

Do you know what 'philosopher' said that? Dolly Parton.

And people say she's just a big pair of tits.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just for balance, and to cheer me up after being reminded of this black day.

Although such a great day we all know they had the last laugh and are still laughing..... so the who are you chant at the end is somewhat cringe worthy....

Why ? Why ? post this you know the trolls will be descending on this thread any minute gloating and actually putting us in our place a Championship team.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Urgh. Remember the police trying to force me onto a train to Brighton (was living in Nottingham) and running around them. Then having to get a replacement bus from Leicester. Got home about 1am. :(

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Coppell had replaced Hinshelwood and this was his second game in charge. I believe he lost the first 2-4 to Sheff Utd at Withdean, after being 2-0 up ( Warnock etc ) They say that after a change, things often get worse before they get better and in this case, they were right!
When the fifth went in at Palace, that was my cue to depart. I feared 7 or 8 but I guess they went through the motions for the last half hour. If my memory serves me correct, didn't Andy Johnson get a hattrick and I can remember at least two pens out of that three.
Talking of penalties at Selhurst....there was the famous 5 in 1991, those two for Johnson and another two against us, more recently, when Murray was playing for them. Thats 8 penalties for Palace in three visits!!!.....bloody hell....no wonder we lose there so often.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I nearly went to that game

It was a rare weekend when my Dad was home and with us living in nearby Bromley he offered to take me along. The only thing that stopped us was the fact that all away tickets were sold out and we could only get tickets in the home end. With me being a naive 14 year old I couldn't be trusted to keep my mouth shut if we scored - as such my Dad didn't take me for safety reasons!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
A great day, followed by an even better night !
AJ scored a great hatrick, I thought only one was a pen. IIRC, he also scored a hatrick at Walsall in the week before.
It was nice to see your impressive away support getting all excited beforehand, only to be penned in at the end !
Happy days

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Still one of the most depressing days I can remember. Not so much for the result, but for the miserable 'salt in the wound' tedium afterwards of being slowly shuffled for hours and hours on end to a tube station that was in completely the wrong direction for someone who lived in Ealing at the time.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
A miserable, miserable day made far, far more miserable by sitting in the main stand amongst the insanely celebrating inmates.:ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here