Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next 12 games (2015/16 season)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We're slightly behind where we were last season after 14 games, but our blip started then.

Of the next 12 games we won only 3 and lost 4, drawing 5. 14 points from a possible 36. We paid a heavy price for that in the end.

Can we sustain the push this year?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
We can afford to be a few (up to 6?) points behind 2nd at the start of February and still be in with a very good shout.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We're slightly behind where we were last season after 14 games, but our blip started then.

Of the next 12 games we won only 3 and lost 4, drawing 5. 14 points from a possible 36. We paid a heavy price for that in the end.

We should comfortably exceed that (next 12) and we'll need to. Last season after we got turned over by Cardiff in Feb we went unbeaten for the last 14, winning 9 of them. We won't repeat that, so getting ahead of last year is a 'must' imo

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
An hour into Saturday's commentary JC said words to the effect of:-

'only 4 Albion players have scored in the league, this season'.

Meaning no goals from the left hand side of the pitch.
Nothing from centre midfield (for about 8 minutes)
And crucially nothing from the centre backs via a dead ball type situation.

As much as I'd be surprised if the team hit another slump, playing by such narrow margins has a very familiar feel to it.
As is customary for the championship, the top 8 are separated by only 6 points.

It would seem we'll be getting through to January the hard way, then all eyes turn back to hierarchy.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We have 28 points from 7 away games and 7 home games, which puts us bang on target for a win-at-home-draw-away 92 point finish.

Happy Days so far.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We have 28 points from 7 away games and 7 home games, which puts us bang on target for a win-at-home-draw-away 92 point finish.

Happy Days so far.
Absolutely.....without even playing that well in the main. Feel like we have at least another gear to find yet.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fewest defeats in the whole division. Eight games undefeated in the league, six of them wins. Not too shabby eh?

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Fewest defeats in the whole division. Eight games undefeated in the league, six of them wins. Not too shabby eh?

Plus a shed load of clean sheets too. Things are going well right now, and we have good depth in the squad. Just need to keep on doing what we've been doing.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Last years slump was caused by a lot of injuries that piled up at the same time, unless we suffer a similar fate this season we should be okay IMO.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Easy to overlook that we have already had loads of injuries this year. Bruno played centre back ffs.

Liam r, Stephens, match, goldson, uwe, kaz hardly been available

Kayal and hemed missed some.

Probably more that don't occur to me off the top of my head. Squad is much improved from this time last year. Imagine us coping without Stephens and kayal last year.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Easy to overlook that we have already had loads of injuries this year. Bruno played centre back ffs.

Liam r, Stephens, match, goldson, uwe, kaz hardly been available

Kayal and hemed missed some.

Probably more that don't occur to me off the top of my head. Squad is much improved from this time last year. Imagine us coping without Stephens and kayal last year.

Agreed. That's where I feel we have improved this year. Last season I think Kayal missed three games and we didn't win any of them. This season we've missed him for the last five games and got 11 points. That would have been unimaginable last season, especially as Stephens only started one of them.

For all the comments about a lack of a major striker signing, we bought in improved players on pretty much everyone we released in the summer and we're seeing that increased depth now.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

As much as I'd be surprised if the team hit another slump, playing by such narrow margins has a very familiar feel to it.

It would seem we'll be getting through to January the hard way, then all eyes turn back to hierarchy.

I find it very odd how negative you feel the need to be. We are second in the league yet you seem to focus on the negatives re spread of goals, the narrow margins of victory and getting through until January.

We are unbeaten in eight games (having won six of them), are second in the league, have the best defensive record in the league, the second best goal difference only behind Newcastle and have clearly moved forward after missing out so narrowly last season. However, none of that is mentioned in your post.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We should comfortably exceed that (next 12) and we'll need to. Last season after we got turned over by Cardiff in Feb we went unbeaten for the last 14, winning 9 of them. We won't repeat that, so getting ahead of last year is a 'must' imo

I'm glad you know that we're not going to get dozens of injuries this year :)

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Injuries caused the problems in that period.

We paid a heavy price for losing 4-1 at Cardiff. If it had only been a 2-1 loss, we'd be in the Premier League now.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I can't really look beyond the games v Norwich and Bristol City before the International break, and then the Friday game with a potentially improved Villa when football resumes.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

I would say that this is due, in part, to what I was banging on about the other day.

I feel that the midfield players all look to Knockers to play the ball to. This leads to the wide left player cutting infield to try and get the ball and limits out ability to use the flanks and get balls in the box. This has a knock on effect that it makes us a little easier to defend against as if you mark him out the game you cut off a lot of the supply.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
At the moment this season feels like a continuation of the latter half of last season. Hopefully with the same (or preferably more) points per game.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Happy Days so far.

What he said!

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I find it very odd how negative you feel the need to be. We are second in the league yet you seem to focus on the negatives re spread of goals, the narrow margins of victory and getting through until January.

We are unbeaten in eight games (having won six of them), are second in the league, have the best defensive record in the league, the second best goal difference only behind Newcastle and have clearly moved forward after missing out so narrowly last season. However, none of that is mentioned in your post.
Rampant positivity doesn't sit well with me.

Being the mutts nuts in October doesn't really account for much, does it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here