Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Crowd at Newcastle tonight

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Couldn't give a **** personally - and I went to the Readig game too. In fact, glad we weren't playing Arsenal at the Emirrates tonight to be perfectly honest. All about opinions of course though - I just couldn't care less about the cups now we're pushing for promotion and playing the ressies:thumbsup:

I think you do care about the cups seeing as you were at the Reading game. Just like you and I will be at the FA Cup games.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Whilst were battling for promotion against teams with much deeper pockets than ourselves I can take the reserves playing in cup games. I can also see why it annoys people. Technically we are the 22nd best team in the country right now so it's not beyond the realms of possibility we could go far.

I would be annoyed if we didn't have a bit of a go if we were in the premier league though. The league and FA cup are realistic goals for us these days, or in the future at least.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Just seen that myself. Amazing support.

If Mr Hughton had taken it seriously, WE'D be at Highbury tonight instead of poxy Reading.

Stupid Boy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Manchester derby tonight:-

A-fan-wears-a-scarf-bearing-images-of-Ma.jpg

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Isn't it about time they binned off the league cup?

It's completely pointless and no one takes it seriously - Liverpool V Spurs tonight - 1 player started the league games sat and that was though being forced.

Might make the FA cup more appealing as well.

D

Deleted member 2719

He will make it up to you by giving you a good run for your money on the way to the Premier League come May

Hughton will have to deliver this season.

It's expensive keep missing out.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yeah me too Lamie. But I bothered to be part of that 6k crowd against Reading so was pissed off with the fact that Hughton couldn't give a shyt if we progressed.

I was at the Reading game as well but I went knowing we wouldn't be playing our strongest team. I don't think we were let down by Hughton but by the players. We had a team that were capable of winning but Reading wanted it more. Had those senior players in the stripes had a bit more fight about them they might have been on the team sheet at the Emirates last night instead of spending their careers watching the first team play in the league!!!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Just seen that myself. Amazing support.

If Mr Hughton had taken it seriously, WE'D be at Highbury tonight instead of poxy Reading.
That really doesn't appeal to many as we go to watch Brighton play wether it's Arsenal or Accrington Stanley....playing clubs like Chelsea,manure and Liverpool are not a big thing to me as I have no interest in other clubs bar Brighton.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
That's a bit unnecessary. I agree with BG. The ball numbers would probably have been different and ended up with someone like Hull City.
Actually, you are correct. If we had gone through we would have taken Bristol City's ball and they drew Hull at home..[emoji3]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I was at the Reading game as well but I went knowing we wouldn't be playing our strongest team. I don't think we were let down by Hughton but by the players. We had a team that were capable of winning but Reading wanted it more. Had those senior players in the stripes had a bit more fight about them they might have been on the team sheet at the Emirates last night instead of spending their careers watching the first team play in the league!!!

There is a B in Brighton .

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012

That looks SO weird.

It's like they didn't bother knocking down the football stands and just built flats into them. Which probably still cost 2 million each or something stupid.

Still, might be worth it if you like getting a mug of Bovril from your own dining room serving hatch.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
That looks SO weird.

It's like they didn't bother knocking down the football stands and just built flats into them. Which probably still cost 2 million each or something stupid.

Still, might be worth it if you like getting a mug of Bovril from your own dining room serving hatch.

They couldn't knock the East and West stands down as they are listed.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
That looks SO weird.

I have been in one, they are quite nice!

The old north bank (is that a thing) is still there and the flats built into it.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Which team would you rather be
Brighton, all at home watching TV
Norwich, away to Leeds, extra time and penalties and lose.
OK, so it will be their reserve team but the point is still there.
I was also at the Reading game and feel we could have beaten Hull at home this round. But second in the league, I'm happy.

D

Deleted member 2719

Have to? Do you think he'll be sacked if we don't?

I know, I know. I've bitten.

I would have thought good chance of it, if he doesn't deliver with the biggest budget any manager (and a certain amount of control of how to spend it) has had at the AMEX, his days will be numbered, i am sure Chris knows that, it's the football industry after all.

Surely TB will want the golden prize this time around.???

Anyway he is in a good position so hopeful he will do it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would have thought good chance of it, if he doesn't deliver with the biggest budget any manager (and a certain amount of control of how to spend it) has had at the AMEX, his days will be numbered, i am sure Chris knows that, it's the football industry after all.

Surely TB will want the golden prize this time around.???

Anyway he is in a good position so hopeful he will do it.

Another advocate of short termism, then.

D

Deleted member 2719

Another advocate of short termism, then.

No not really, but this management lark is tough mentally and quite a few managers only have a short run of success, so why not change if the current boss whoever they maybe has lost their form.

I preferred the loyal days of players and managers but there all greedy nowadays if CH is offered the Palace job i bet his head would be turned.

This is echoed by the Championship Chairmen according this report.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...tenure-of-managers-in-england-just-1-23-years

The average tenure of a manager in the professional game in England has dropped to just 1.23 years - with the Championship the hardest league in which to keep your job.

The League Managers' Association has revealed that in the Championship, where there were 20 dismissals in the recently-completed season, the average spell in charge is just 0.86 years.

There were 47 manager dismissals in the 2014-15 season, the most since the 2001-02 campaign when 53 were sacked.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I have been in one, they are quite nice!

The old north bank (is that a thing) is still there and the flats built into it.

The east and west stands had the flats built into them as they were listed - the North Bank was demolished.

"The North Bank and Clock End were demolished while the older Grade II listed buildings of the East and West Stands remained as part of the development. The pitch was redeveloped into gardens. Several parts of Arsenal Stadium were retained including the marble halls, the bust of Herbert Chapman and the players' tunnel. It was opened officially in 2009, by Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here