Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Ridgewell arrested for drunk driving in United States

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Moron. There's zero excuse for drink driving. I'm pretty sure he earns enough to be able to afford a taxi.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On the upside Clackamas County jail sounds quite nice. :jester:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
A bit more info on ESPN:

Portland Timbers players Liam Ridgewell and Jake Gleeson were arrested and charged with drunk driving offenses late Monday night.

The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office charged both players with driving under the influence of intoxicants (DUII), according to its website. The news was first reported by KATU in Portland.

Ridgewell, 32, and Gleeson, 26, both posted a $7,500 bond and have a Lake Oswego municipal court date set for Nov. 16.

A Lake Oswego police spokesman told The Oregonian that Gleeson was involved in a two-vehicle crash, and was also charged with reckless driving and reckless endangerment.

Gleeson "apparently called a friend to come pick him up, and that was Ridgewell," Sgt. Tom Hamann said, and officers determined after field sobriety tests that both men were under the influence. Ridgewell was only charged with DUII.

Police said both players were also cited for declining a breath test.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Wasn't Ridgewell the guy that was filmed wiping his arse on £20 notes when he was at West Brom?

Good luck to him in an American jail.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Drink driving is far more prevalent in America and more so if you live in a rural area. I think it's more prevelant because people don't walk anywhere and everything is too far away for the lazy hits, it's not an excuse. In Michigan you are permitted to still drive if convicted and have a DUI for driving to work and some other special requirements not sure about the rest of the states.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A bit more info on ESPN:

Portland Timbers players Liam Ridgewell and Jake Gleeson were arrested and charged with drunk driving offenses late Monday night.

The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office charged both players with driving under the influence of intoxicants (DUII), according to its website. The news was first reported by KATU in Portland.

Ridgewell, 32, and Gleeson, 26, both posted a $7,500 bond and have a Lake Oswego municipal court date set for Nov. 16.

A Lake Oswego police spokesman told The Oregonian that Gleeson was involved in a two-vehicle crash, and was also charged with reckless driving and reckless endangerment.

Gleeson "apparently called a friend to come pick him up, and that was Ridgewell," Sgt. Tom Hamann said, and officers determined after field sobriety tests that both men were under the influence. Ridgewell was only charged with DUII.

Police said both players were also cited for declining a breath test.

So, a bloke has an accident. He rang Ridgewel and presumably must have told him what's happened. And Ridgewell who has been drinking jumps in his car to collect him (i.e. at the scene of a crash where no doubt they'll be police.)

Have I read this correctly? Only an utter idiot would do this.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
So, a bloke has an accident. He rang Ridgewel and presumably must have told him what's happened. And Ridgewell who has been drinking jumps in his car to collect him (i.e. at the scene of a crash where no doubt they'll be police.)

Seem to recall something similar happened to the woman who used to play Rita in Coronation Street. Her daughter got nicked for drink driving & called Mum from the police station. Mummy leaps in the car, turns up at the front desk within minutes, and is promptly found to smell like a brewery herself :lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

He would have thought no doubt that the police would have expected that his friend would have phoned somebody who hadnt been drinking so the chances of getting tested even with many police about was very low.

Driver8

On the road...
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
He would have thought no doubt that the police would have expected that his friend would have phoned somebody who hadnt been drinking so the chances of getting tested even with many poluce about was very low.

I don't imagine he thought at all.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He would have thought no doubt that the police would have expected that his friend would have phoned somebody who hadnt been drinking so the chances of getting tested even with many police about was very low.

Really? I doubt it.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That would have been my thinking the chances of being tested are virtually nil unless I have an accident.

Given the outcome both you and Ridgewell would have been wrong then.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Do you reckon he could do a job at left back?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here