Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aston Villa fans...

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
... have sold out their allocation at the Amex for 18th November - 3,287 tickets.

Not bad for a Friday night on the box.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Excellent, and to be honest I would be suprised if they had not, they should always be a top 10 Premier League club if run properly, which they have not been for some time.

Looking forward to this game greatly.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Excellent, and to be honest I would be suprised if they had not, they should always be a top 10 Premier League club if run properly, which they have not been for some time.

Looking forward to this game greatly.

Agreed but also many will make the weekend of it, when did they last play Brighton away?
Friday night in Brighton after the game should be fun.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Agreed but also many will make the weekend of it, when did they last play Brighton away?

Agreed - Brighton weekender for a good number. New ground factor is always massive, too. Would have been astonished if they'd NOT sold out.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
New ground and based in the 2nd biggest city in the country. Would be a shambles if they didn't.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Never understand this, especially not from a BHA fan. By the same token I guess a well run Mansfield Town should always be a middling Division Two club.

They've got the history, the fanbase, the stadium. No way should Villa be dossing around at the arse end of the second division, but they've been chronically mismanaged from the top for years now. I agree with [MENTION=206]Marshy[/MENTION], a club the size of Villa SHOULD be consistently top half of the PL.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Gutted I cant make this one.. During the summer I booked wife's Birthday treat for the Friday instead of the Saturday in case we had a game. School boy error doing so before sky games released...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
They've got the history, the fanbase, the stadium. No way should Villa be dossing around at the arse end of the second division, but they've been chronically mismanaged from the top for years now. I agree with [MENTION=206]Marshy[/MENTION], a club the size of Villa SHOULD be consistently top half of the PL.

That's all very well, but isn't it great that they AREN'T? Can't we embrace the fact that it's great to see these 'SHOULD' teams not being where they're apparently 'supposed' to be for once rather than harking on about some established order being disturbed by teams like Villa and Newcastle having the incompetent audacity to fall from, not just the top half of the PL, but out of the PL altogether?

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
They've got the history, the fanbase, the stadium. No way should Villa be dossing around at the arse end of the second division, but they've been chronically mismanaged from the top for years now. I agree with @Marshy, a club the size of Villa SHOULD be consistently top half of the PL.
Fortunately it doesn't work like that. When you add on all the other big clubs (including Sheff Wed, Wolves, Leeds, Forest, etc) who 'should' be in the Prem, maybe even the top half, there will be no room for the likes of us.

There's no 'should' about it. Villa are exactly where they deserve to be.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That's all very well, but isn't it great that they AREN'T? Can't we embrace the fact that it's great to see these 'SHOULD' teams not being where they're apparently 'supposed' to be for once rather than harking on about some established order being disturbed by teams like Villa and Newcastle having the incompetent audacity to fall from, not just the top half of the PL, but out of the PL altogether?

Oh absolutely. Its great seeing a fallen giant in our division. Thats one of the great JOYS of relegation.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fortunately it doesn't work like that. When you add on all the other big clubs (including Sheff Wed, Wolves, Leeds, Forest, etc) who 'should' be in the Prem, maybe even the top half, there will be no room for the likes of us.

There's no 'should' about it. Villa are exactly where they deserve to be.

Again, I totally agree. The difference here though is that the clubs you list have been in decay for many, many years. Whereas a club the size of Villa has been on that PL gravytrain ever since its inception. Given that fact, and the size of the club, they shouldn't be anywhere NEAR the arse end of the second division, and yet..there they are. It takes a very special level of incompetence to achieve that.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Early days, but there are just signs of shoots of recovery for them under Steve Bruce after a wretched couple of years. That, allied with the AMEX being a new ground for their supporters to visit, and it isn't difficult to see why their allocation has already sold out.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Last time we played them in the league was back in '83 when we were in Div1. Lost 1-0 at their place and a 0-0 draw at The Goldstone. Since then we've only played them once, a 3-2 defeat in the FA Cup at Villa Park in 2010

We don't appear to have a very good record against them unfortunately

P19 W3 D5 L11

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here