Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As predicted by my Wolves STH at work

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Quite astounding the number of managers who get sacked shortly after being turned over by the Albion. Presumably the owners all think they really should be beating teams like BHAFC :lol:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I sure I posted over the summer that he was a panic appointment after Wolves preferred candidate took another job. Shame, as a local resident I have a soft spot for Wolves, but I'm not sure the new owners really know what they are up to.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I sure I posted over the summer that he was a panic appointment after Wolves preferred candidate took another job. Shame, as a local resident I have a soft spot for Wolves, but I'm not sure the new owners really know what they are up to.

Like most foreign owners, they just chuck a load of money at a club and expect instant success. Happily, life's not like that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Quite astounding the number of managers who get sacked shortly after being turned over by the Albion. Presumably the owners all think they really should be beating teams like BHAFC :lol:
I would imagine with the sheer number of sackings, that's a claim most fans can make about their club.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was a ludicrous appointment in the first place, as was almost universally acknowledged on here at the time. He's already had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus.

That said, to bring him in and give him 14 games is absolute LUNACY of the highest order. But its also utterly typical of so many foreign owners who buy a club, install a manager, then throw an eppy after a couple of months if they're not already tearing up the division, and bin him off. Its pathetic. And yet another reminder at just how lucky we are to have such a class act heading up our own football club.

I feel genuinely sorry for Wolves and Villa fans, they've got a couple of utter dickheads running their clubs.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I thank heavens we have a proper owner and a proper manager.

I would hate to support Wolves, Blackburn, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest, Birmingham, QPR, Reading, Fulham, Villa, Cardiff, Derby

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It was a ludicrous appointment in the first place, as was almost universally acknowledged on here at the time. He's already had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus.

That said, to bring him in and give him 14 games is absolute LUNACY of the highest order. But its also utterly typical of so many foreign owners who buy a club, install a manager, then throw an eppy after a couple of months if they're not already tearing up the division, and bin him off. Its pathetic. And yet another reminder at just how lucky we are to have such a class act heading up our own football club.

I feel genuinely sorry for Wolves and Villa fans, they've got a couple of utter dickheads running their clubs.

Saw an interview where he said he only ever signs one year deals at his clubs. Ridiculous.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Saw an interview where he said he only ever signs one year deals at his clubs. Ridiculous.

Well if he only ever signs one year deals when he's being offered longer, then he's an even bigger IDIOT than that clueless gimp at Wolves who brought him in in the first place.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Lunacy, still no surprise, that's football these days. Owners might be advised to takea step back, look who got promoted last year, and OK, who came 4th as well, clubs with stability, and with managers who had been at their clubs for at least 18 months. Look at clubs where there is a revolving door of managers, such as Leeds, Forest, QPR, Derby and Villa and see how successful they've been recently. Of course there's exceptions but having 3 managers a season is unlikely ever to bring you success. I suppose that's good news for those clubs like us that have some sanity at board/ownership level

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That's five, FIVE, Championship managers gone before the clocks have gone back (and amazingly, the Leeds manager isn't one of them). What do the people running these clubs expect their managers to do?

What does baffle me is that all these owners have made money running successful businesses: no company I've ever known regularly fires senior personnel after a couple of months in charge. Why do these gimps run football clubs differently from the way their run their businesses?

el punal

I agree. I just wonder how many Championship clubs have foreign owners, and more to the point, how many of those owners actually have a clue about their club, the fans, the tradition, the history. Not many I would guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here