Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's talk feet (Podiatry)

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I am organising a Learning at work day for an office in central Brighton and trying to cover an health aspect. One that rarely gets done is feet. Joints, circulation, diabeties, artheritis & rhumatism, so many health issues and, if you don't look after your feet then problems will spread further up the body.

So, what I'd like is somebody to come in and give a basic talk on the subject, for about 30 mins. The event is on Wednesday 16th November during the day. You would not be able to benefit commercially on the day but, if you have a Practise then it's generating potential follow up business.

Please PM me if serious offer or post on the thread if you have an amusing take on this (stick the boot in!)

Thanks.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Funny thing you posting this when you did

Thanks to my wife I was treated to my first ever pedicure in Henfield on Saturday morning. Felt decidedly peculiar sitting in a room full of ladies having my feet worked on.

First time for everything I guess.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Last week I directed a video about diabetic foot screening. It was not glamourous. However, I did learn the following facts.

There are two pulses in each foot, these are the Dorsalis pedis and the Posterior tibial. Both pulses can be palpated, but a staggering 10% of the population don't have the Dorsalis pedis - so don't be alarmed and check for other signs of poor circulation if you're concerned.

I hope this helps,

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
There are far toe many foot-related puns on this thread; though the arch response to them of some posters leaves me feeling rather flat.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Due to having diabetes I get to go to the podiatrist at Haywards Heath Health centre every 3 months under the NHS. It feels great when I leave and for a couple of weeks after. If it gets bad I would willingly pay for a visit between each NHS appointment.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I can already see the Ernest post on the Bell Cheeses at Work thread.

"SOME absolute KNOB came into WORK today and TOLD us how IMPORTANT our FEET ARE. What a TOOL."

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Not feeling too well so this is 1st time of looking in since posting. You've not let me down with corny comments and some of you have really nailed it!

Thanks also for the serious ones, I do think this is a neglected area, one that becomes more apparent as we get older so I'd like to bring a little awareness, if possible. How do I get in touch with John Byrne?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not feeling too well so this is 1st time of looking in since posting. You've not let me down with corny comments and some of you have really nailed it!

Thanks also for the serious ones, I do think this is a neglected area, one that becomes more apparent as we get older so I'd like to bring a little awareness, if possible. How do I get in touch with John Byrne?

He did have a practice in New Church Rd Hove.when I last visited him. I just googled John Byrnre Podiatrist and it showed as Richmond Podiatry Clinic Worthing with a tel no. I would start there.

Albion my Albion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Strange, I've been putting my foot in a plantar fascia boot at night lately and thinking I'm glad the Albion don't play football in these kind of boots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here