Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff & Weston super Mare

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Looking up hotels for Cardiff I was offered the Travelodge in Western-super-Mare as it was only 14 miles away and a very good price. Can someone tell me if there is some sort of bridge between the two towns or is the Bristol Channel still in the way?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
banner_long-way-round.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Those hotel sites are notoriously bad for locations. I was looking for a hotel in Polegate (don't ask!) and it came up with one reasonably central (The Horse and Groom perhaps?) and then there was another one 0.7 miles further away - looked promising so I looked in more detail. It was in Alfriston!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Travelodge Cardiff Llanedeyrn. Stayed there last weekend. Free parking, pub next door (well a Harvester) and £13 taxi ride from the centre of town. And £144 for 3 nights.

Smiley Miley

Jan 16, 2015
Felpham
Staying in premier inn Cheltenham, wife and junior off to Brum for clothes show, whilst I slip on the fast train to Cardiff £13 return.

Can't beat a premier inn breakfast...

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Looking up hotels for Cardiff I was offered the Travelodge in Western-super-Mare as it was only 14 miles away and a very good price. Can someone tell me if there is some sort of bridge between the two towns or is the Bristol Channel still in the way?

Here is a map. As you can see whilst they are opposite each other it's a long way round. 14 Miles is flying, sailing or swimming.

e6ff4398e7f1fc667635816b6a39d576.png

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009

Living in Cardiff I get this all the time. If you search for anything within 20 miles radius it will invariably list Weston-super-Mare as an option. Up until a couple of years ago you could travel by paddle steamer, but that was discontinued in 2013.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Yes the one on the m4 junction is great. And the Dragonfly pub next door has certainly improved when I was there a couple of weeks ago

Too right - and there is the Tredegar Arms in Bassaleg within a short distance - next to which is the church where my
relatives are all buried. I'm half-welsh. Nice pub as well.

heathgate

Apr 13, 2015
Living in Cardiff I get this all the time. If you search for anything within 20 miles radius it will invariably list Weston-super-Mare as an option. Up until a couple of years ago you could travel by paddle steamer, but that was discontinued in 2013.
Not been a ferry service in the 25 years I have lived here in North Somerset.... some pleasure trips on the Waverley....but that's it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
I like the way this hotel service evidently works. By the same token, if I asked it for a hotel in Dover, presumably it might suggest one in Calais or Boulogne, being only twenty odd miles away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here