Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Vee

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Gutted at the passing of one of my favourite singers.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
RIP Bobby. Some great songs which will live forever

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
RIP

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
According to the Beeb:

"Vee, born Robert Velline, also gave a young Bob Dylan his start.

Dylan played briefly with Vee's band and he was the one who suggested Velline change his last name to Vee".

I never knew that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
According to the Beeb:

"Vee, born Robert Velline, also gave a young Bob Dylan his start.

Dylan played briefly with Vee's band and he was the one who suggested Velline change his last name to Vee".

I never knew that.
Sounded very unlikely to me - but there does appear to be evidence on t'internet to confirm it.

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2016...ue-to-suzie-baby-music-chronicles-volume-one/

Can't imagine a young Bob Dylan being good enough to get a job as a pianist in someone else's band though - I mean, he was never particularly known for the excellence of his playing technique, was he, just that voice and the raw power of his songs.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Whilst not being disrespectful to Pete Burns, but he was a one hit wonder whose sad passing is all over the news.
But Vee sold millions and was massively popular in his time, AND gave Dylan a shoe up...yet his death is barely mentioned in despatches.

Fame defies logic sometimes.

Regardless, RIP to both.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Whilst not being disrespectful to Pete Burns, but he was a one hit wonder whose sad passing is all over the news.
But Vee sold millions and was massively popular in his time, AND gave Dylan a shoe up...yet his death is barely mentioned in despatches.
Hardly! Dylan played piano in his band a few times before either of them got famous!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
He died from Alzheimer's.

Genuine question, out of concern for one who is v close to me:

Q. Can one die with Alzeimers? I thought one died with Alzheimers? Can Alzeimers itself be fatal?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Hardly! Dylan played piano in his band a few times before either of them got famous!

Either way, that was not really the main point of my post!

Jul 7, 2003
Always like The Night Has A Thousand Eyes - a great old song sung very well. RIP

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Genuine question, out of concern for one who is v close to me:

Q. Can one die with Alzeimers? I thought one died with Alzheimers? Can Alzeimers itself be fatal?

There are over 100 different forms of dimentia, two of which are fatal. Alzeimers and Picks Disease. It might be advisable to check with a GP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here