Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Footballers on Twitter - why even bother

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Screen_Shot_2016-10-23_at_14.38.02-large_trans++zRytHSQbJOZN5HN52J50Yj3H3UgYFAqu431LH4AExEc.png

Going by this (deleted) tweet from yesterday, Victor Anichebe can't even be arsed to write his own tweets. He's done a quick cut n' paste, but the utter BONEHEAD went and left the "can you tweet something like" part of the message intact. Clearly THAT bit of the text was from the club, or whoever handles his PR, or his 'social media' person. The rest of it is the textbook standard, bland guff you get from players depending on the result. What a lemon.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I am pretty sure that a fair few of our players accounts either aren't run by them or are heavily influenced by others.

Knockers is the prime example, the way he tweets is just way too ...English at times. Pretty sure he uses some colloquialisms that you just wouldn't expect.

Others, such as Murphy appear genuine from the fact that they barely tweet and when they do it is minimal such as which FM team to play as

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Read this thread, top performance by Tensy, absolutely BUZZING, we go AGAIN!!

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Screen_Shot_2016-10-23_at_14.38.02-large_trans++zRytHSQbJOZN5HN52J50Yj3H3UgYFAqu431LH4AExEc.png

Going by this (deleted) tweet from yesterday, Victor Anichebe can't even be arsed to write his own tweets. He's done a quick cut n' paste, but the utter BONEHEAD went and left the "can you tweet something like" part of the message intact. Clearly THAT bit of the text was from the club, or whoever handles his PR, or his 'social media' person. The rest of it is the textbook standard, bland guff you get from players depending on the result. What a lemon.

That's why i can't believe there is any truth behind the report today that said heading the ball has an effect on the brain as most of them are brainless

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/24/study-finds-heading-football-immediate-effect-brain

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
I am pretty sure that a fair few of our players accounts either aren't run by them or are heavily influenced by others.

Knockers is the prime example, the way he tweets is just way too ...English at times. Pretty sure he uses some colloquialisms that you just wouldn't expect.

Others, such as Murphy appear genuine from the fact that they barely tweet and when they do it is minimal such as which FM team to play as

I'd disagree with that, I've always thought Knocky was very genuine on twitter. I'd personally be quite surprised to find out that he didn't run the account himself.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I'd disagree with that, I've always thought Knocky was very genuine on twitter. I'd personally be quite surprised to find out that he didn't run the account himself.

He may very well, just seemed to me a few times that it appeared way too perfect and polished.

He may run it but wouldn't be surprised if he had a lot of agent interaction for it.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He may very well, just seemed to me a few times that it appeared way too perfect and polished.

He may run it but wouldn't be surprised if he had a lot of agent interaction for it.

I've just had a quick read of the last two weeks. Very few of the tweets are his, but retweets about the team. His tweets are not in perfect English.

[tweet]789873384775643136[/tweet]

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
If you're going to pick on Brighton players on Twitter, then check out Stockdale and Duffy, who have been arguing with fans from other clubs; Leeds and Wigan respectively.
You'll find far more to cringe over there.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I've just had a quick read of the last two weeks. Very few of the tweets are his, but retweets about the team. His tweets are not in perfect English.

Coming over here, kicking our footballs, he could at least learn the language.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I was going to mention that I doubt the club writes Duffy's tweets !

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

If you're going to pick on Brighton players on Twitter, then check out Stockdale and Duffy, who have been arguing with fans from other clubs; Leeds and Wigan respectively.

I may be wrong and don't have time to go through them at the moment, just saying I wouldn't be surprised.

By no means a pick on his twitter, just something I observed a few weeks ago and thought it seemed odd. He may just be that nice a bloke which would be annoying as it means he is basically perfect apart from his falling on the floor antics.

I have read a number of Stockdales arguments and find them pretty funny most the time - it is nice to see that our players are human

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The average footballers Twitter account looks this ;

A Winning Result

The Fans were great. Cracking Result . Looking forward to Tuesday's game to continue the winning run.

A Draw

A good point. The Fans were great. Looking forward to Tuesday's game

A Loss

Difficult result to take. The fans were great. Looking forward to putting things right on Tuesday.

At least Stockdale is worth following. It might be unedifying arguing with fans and that but at least it's real.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Stocko has had things in the past where's he tweeted support for some charitable cause or some such and received torrents of abuse by people. I quite like that he doesn't sit back and take it. Also really enjoyed it when he got involved with the #BlameStockdale thing or whatever it was from a couple of seasons ago. He was liking and retweeting loads of that stuff.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Stocko has had things in the past where's he tweeted support for some charitable cause or some such and received torrents of abuse by people. I quite like that he doesn't sit back and take it. Also really enjoyed it when he got involved with the #BlameStockdale thing or whatever it was from a couple of seasons ago. He was liking and retweeting loads of that stuff.

The #blamestockdale thing was when he had a FLOUNCE as a result of some criticism he got for a home defeat against Boro a few years ago, when he parried a ball back into play that was duly tucked away by the opposition. He was busily retweeting all the post-match praise he was getting from fans, and in amongst all that he retweeted something along the lines of "goal certainly not your fault Dave, you could've expected more cover from your defence". I replied saying something like "mmm, not ideal, throwing your team-mates under the bus", to which he came back with "ok, I'll just take the blame for everything then", and went on about taking a break from Twitter.

:rolleyes:

He didn't though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here