Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Cringers - look away now

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
39A2A8B700000578-3864322-image-a-166_1477230440598.jpg

I know a lot of you apparently physically shrink down into your coats when the words to GOSBTS are trotted out on the big screens. Personally I have no problem with it - ANYTHING that helps us learn to sing our hallowed 'Stand or Fall' line instead of the nonsensical 'going up to win the cup' line is alright in my book. However, Hull have taken it to a whole new level, by scrolling fans chants across the back of their advertising hoardings. Now I have to say, that truly does show an astonishing degree of TINPOTTEDNESS.

How the frig did they go up instead of us. What a total waste of a perfectly good PL place they are.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

I know a lot of you apparently physically shrink down into your coats when the words to GOSBTS are trotted out on the big screens. Personally I have no problem with it - ANYTHING that helps us learn to sing our hallowed 'Stand or Fall' line instead of the nonsensical 'going up to win the cup' line is alright in my book. However, Hull have taken it to a whole new level, by scrolling fans chants across the back of their advertising hoardings. Now I have to say, that truly does show an astonishing degree of TINPOTTEDNESS.

How the frig did they go up instead of us. What a total waste of a perfectly good PL place they are.

That PL place is only on loan to them for one season. We will replace them.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Maybe we should flap our arms and sing.......".We'll pinch your chips." Wouldn't work at home obviously.

Jesus Christ!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I wouldn't want that to happen to ANY club.

Quite horrible.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
This is horrible,

As well as how would they get it to be coordinated? Everyone would have a different view of the words coming round - I appreciate that they would be repeated but you can't always see down the row and to the front to see where you should be.

It also takes any spontaneity away from the crowd which is the best part of it.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton

"And we're going up, and we'll win the cup!" is my favourite line though!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I worry something similar will appear at the Amex before long if the 'forward thinking' commercial team have their way.

The future:

"Number 1 is Peter Ward
And I'm reading this
Off a board..."

Fungus

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 21, 2004
Truro
"You're getting mauled by the tigers" :lolol:

Still has NOTHING on this:

:shootself

"We're fighting the butterflies tonight".

It seems to be a series of unconnected sentences - was it runner-up in the Eurovision Turing Test?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I look forward to seeing ones with more 'industrial' language. Maybe there'll be a filter, so that it reads "W@nker, W@nker, W@nker, W@nker, W@nker," :lol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"And we're going up, and we'll win the cup!" is my favourite line though!

But its WRONG

"You can tell them all that we stand or fall for Sussex by the sea" is INFINITELY better, it carries so much more meaning. Its the most evocative line in our unique anthem, and yet its been replaced by a line of generic nonsense. Its a real bugbear of mine (as you can probably tell), and was covered at length in its own thread a while back. I totally endorse our GOSBTS words on the screen, hopefully the next generation of Albion fans will learn the right line in the song, being as most Albion fans who have sung it wrong for years are unlikely to change now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here