Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

R.I.P. The Jungle

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yes let them disperse into nothing............ . ... .. . . .......... .. ... .. .....
Oh wait

the French have provided a reception center nearby, have done for some time. they can either a) register and claim asylum, whatever and be processed through the French system or b) live in a tent and try to climb in to a lorry to cross the channel.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Did we just sped millions on a wall?
We contributed 1.9 million.. it's overall cost is 4.2m €... rest comes from France and EU.... it is still required of course, the Dublin accord is still relevant.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 22389

I bet the people of Calais are pleased, nobody should have to put up or live with that on their doorstep. These people can try to get the UK if they like, but hopefully it is going to become a whole lot harder now. I have no problems with us taking children, but we shouldn't take adults who are using the ongoing crisis to get a free ride to the UK, not unless they are 100% genuine.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
They will still try and get to Britain.France will give some asylum however they still will deport many of these poor refugees.
If you think this is all over think again while war and bad governments the poor people of the world who want a better life for there children will continue to try and come to Western Europe .
Some of my ancestors came to this country to avoid persecution in Europe and some came with invaders from France and some came from Scotland as economic migrants :facepalm:

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Some of my ancestors came to this country to avoid persecution in Europe and some came with invaders from France and some came from Scotland as economic migrants :facepalm:

Same for all of us.... you aren't any different to the vast majority of the nation.

However, at a time when the population was a fraction of what it is now, you cannot measure the issues of today by the measures and context of the past.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Yes let them disperse into nothing............ . ... .. . . .......... .. ... .. .....
Oh wait

Such a vacuous response, what exactly do you think should happen to these migrants, what status would you offer them and why have they, mainly men crossed a number of borders from safe EU countries to get to this stage, it seems a significant number of them have no real respect for the law or for others belongings or livelhoods.

Why would you think that the most determined crminal element should somehow be rewarded with the most favourable outcomes.

Once the Jungle is flattened, and Brexit is implemented, what is the logic of retaining a UK border in France? Surely we will have to accept that full border controls will have to be established at the UK channel ports and that people we don't wish to admit will have to be dealt with in places like Dover and Newhaven.

If people just buy a ferry ticket to Dover, will it be a straightforward job just to put the unacceptable immigrants back on the ferry to Calais? And what would happen next?

Detention centres? In France? Or in Dover? Or Newhaven?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Such a vacuous response, what exactly do you think should happen to these migrants, what status would you offer them and why have they, mainly men crossed a number of borders from safe EU countries to get to this stage, it seems a significant number of them have no real respect for the law or for others belongings or livelhoods.

Why would you think that the most determined crminal element should somehow be rewarded with the most favourable outcomes.

Not sure they should all be tarred with your 'criminal element' brush.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Once the Jungle is flattened, and Brexit is implemented, what is the logic of retaining a UK border in France? Surely we will have to accept that full border controls will have to be established at the UK channel ports and that people we don't wish to admit will have to be dealt with in places like Dover and Newhaven.

If people just buy a ferry ticket to Dover, will it be a straightforward job just to put the unacceptable immigrants back on the ferry to Calais? And what would happen next?

Detention centres? In France? Or in Dover? Or Newhaven?

Yes it will be straightforward. It works exactly that way at the airports with many countries. It is the
responsibility of the state of embarkation and the airline to carry out the checks. Anybody without the necessary paperwork is returned from whence they came. I agree with your suggestion of moving the border back to the U.K. by the way. I think though that you do a disservice to our public sector workers at the ports by implying that they would be unable to cope with the responsibilities carried out by their equivalents at airports.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Indeed. It is not a criminal act to escape death in your homeland. Unless, of course, you take the view that IS is a legitimate government.

Silly me , I was under the impression that the Calais Jungle migrants were trying to escape from France .

Must start reading the Guardian and watching BBC news .

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Silly me , I was under the impression that the Calais Jungle migrants were trying to escape from France .

Must start reading the Guardian and watching BBC news .

You're aware they've arrived in France from various countries ripped to shreds by a bunch of militant lunatics, yes?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

I think it's time you left. You don't belong around these parts.:hilton:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here