Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking fine

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I've had a letter come through from SMART parking with a penalty charge notice for parking at fistral beach, newquay.

It says I parked for 1HR 50 minutes without paying (according to anpr of me arriving & leaving). The annoying thing is - I did pay for 2 hours parking.

My friends went & paid & put my number plate onto the ticket. I'm wondering if they got a digit or digits messed up on my registration. I arrived at 8.50 & left 10.40 but paid for 2 hours from 9.15. I've thrown away my ticket..

Do you think is worth appealing or shall I bend over & take the medicine?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
DO NOT IGNORE IT ...... that's the worst advice possible. It is indeed an invoice but the company, in this case Smart Parking, can take you to court if they wish just as long as it's within the next 6 years. If you want the possibility of this for the next SIX years then feel free to ignore it.

Instead you should appeal. The wording must be correct though - Google 'MSE smart parking ticket' and read the forum - the main sticky gives you template appeals - use one and alter it. As well as not ignoring it, don't pay it ...... you wouldn't pay a Nigerian scammer so why pay these scammers who work at the very edge of the law ?

PS - the good news is that Smart Parking have never taken anyone to court because they're actually not so smart and can't figure out how to fill in the court papers.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Over 50% of appeals win

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
When I asked my father in law to look after my baby whilst I attended my nan's funeral in August, I drove into a pub car park and waited for 10 mins until he arrived (as he was a bit late)
A week later I got a £100 fine.

Having appealed on the grounds of:
1.I didn't even park up
and
2.On compassion

.. I still didn't win the appeal!

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
I've had a letter come through from SMART parking with a penalty charge notice for parking at fistral beach, newquay.

It says I parked for 1HR 50 minutes without paying (according to anpr of me arriving & leaving). The annoying thing is - I did pay for 2 hours parking.

My friends went & paid & put my number plate onto the ticket. I'm wondering if they got a digit or digits messed up on my registration. I arrived at 8.50 & left 10.40 but paid for 2 hours from 9.15. I've thrown away my ticket..

Do you think is worth appealing or shall I bend over & take the medicine?

Go to the Peepipoo and Money Saving Expert sites.

They are the experts and everything is there for you to help your appeal.

Under no circumstances should you pay it now, or ignore it.

By contesting it it costs the parking people money, but not you.

TB

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Thanks folks. I will appeal.

I'm not sure why I've got It as I genuinely did pay. I'm not sure whether it's because I didn't pay instantly on entering the car park or if my friend mixed up a digit on my number plate - either way - if they could be assed they could check the machine as I paid for 2 hours & parked for 1HR 50.

Annoying though. I won't be paying even if oi lose the appeal

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
When I asked my father in law to look after my baby whilst I attended my nan's funeral in August, I drove into a pub car park and waited for 10 mins until he arrived (as he was a bit late)
A week later I got a £100 fine.

Having appealed on the grounds of:
1.I didn't even park up
and
2.On compassion

.. I still didn't win the appeal!

I hope you didn't pay it ?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I hope you didn't pay it ?

I paid the reduced ' early payment ' of £60, but I complained to the hotel themselves again, and it seems to be taken more seriously this time.
Fingers crossed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here