Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking forward to Spring

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Nights are drawing in, temperatures are falling, Xmas is just around the corner. But I am looking forward to Spring, longer days, more sun, a new home hopefully, the first cuckoo, and the emergence of the Lesser Spotted Manchester United fan. Happy days everyone :thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Bollox, it's a state of mind. I hate the cold, suffer with Raynauds Syndrome but went for my daily wetsuit-free sea swim yesterday (macho macho man) and as I came out of the water this 50-something woman using a walking frame was coming slowly down the pebbles for her daily dip, we had a conversation, during which she told me that her 80 year old female neighbour also goes in every day, all year round. Blighty in the winter is all we've got embrace it, some beautiful autumnal countryside out there to ogle as well.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Bollox, it's a state of mind. I hate the cold, suffer with Raynauds Syndrome but went for my daily wetsuit-free sea swim yesterday (macho macho man) and as I came out of the water this 50-something woman using a walking frame was coming slowly down the pebbles for her daily dip, we had a conversation, during which she told me that her 80 year old female neighbour also goes in every day, all year round. Blighty in the winter is all we've got embrace it, some beautiful autumnal countryside out there to ogle as well.

Not sure a 50 something needing a walking frame is a particularly good advert for swimming in a cold sea!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I like the winter. Something rather nice about having the heating on, wrapping up when going out, home is warm when you get home, making hearty food and drinking porters and stouts.

I love early morning runs in the dark and cold as well

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I like the winter. Something rather nice about having the heating on, wrapping up when going out, home is warm when you get home, making hearty food and drinking porters and stouts.

I love early morning runs in the dark and cold as well
Oooo look at me with all my money for heating..

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Could be a tougher Winter than last year - more chance of colder weather!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here