Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Firefox problems

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Recently Ive just started having problems with firefox
After selecting a page through bookmarks it can take up to a minute ( or longer to load) all I see is a white page and the rotating pin wheel.

I have run AVG nothing found
Malware ....nothing found
Super anti spy cleaner nothing found.

I have refreshed Firefox, no difference, Im guessing some sort of plug in is slowing it ,

But I cant see any thing in task manager that is slowing it..

Any ideas//?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Bin firefox for a while,select another browser and go back if they are the one for you and see what happens.?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
What do you suggest? ( not explorer)

CAn I carry firefox book marks over?

I carry book marks over on my phone,have swapped browser but think (not sure) that my bookmarks are with the previous browser....

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Same thing for me. Refreshed it yesterday, went back to being OK. Just had to put the plugins back.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Don't think Firefox are doing anything more with Windows 7.You need to search for a browser that still supports 7,or upgrade to 10 if you can.Ignore the scare stories about Windows 10-I have been on it for some while now and think it's fine.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I only have the ad blocker and English dictionay as plug ins......any others you suggest?

Sorry Swindon I forgot to say I have Windows 10. I have the same add ons as you. Weeks ago when I got fed up with Firefox I added Chrome and was using that for most stuff, unless something in firefox had my username and password remembered and Chrome didn't.
I can't remember why I changed from Chrome in the first place, probably because Chrome started hanging. :mad:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Got it running faster using the script blocker Ruislip suggested but boy oh boy is it a pain in the arse adding every site to the options, it dont seem to remember my preferences so Im saving every page every time,

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What do you suggest? ( not explorer)

CAn I carry firefox book marks over?

Opera is a nice browser I find.

I imported bookmarks over from Chrome to it no problem at all. I assume it will do the same for Firefox for you.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Don't think Firefox are doing anything more with Windows 7.You need to search for a browser that still supports 7,or upgrade to 10 if you can.Ignore the scare stories about Windows 10-I have been on it for some while now and think it's fine.

Did you have any problems after the anniversary update . I have 3 Pcs running 10 and all had their device drivers rolled back to previous versions after the update .

Only rescued thanks to Driver booster 3.5

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Running Opera tonight....so far very impressed.

Have you discovered the in built ad blocker yet? It really speeds things up. You just tick box it in settings if you want it, no need to go adding ad blocker extensions.

The video pop out feature is quite nice too. Very very simple to use (a youtube tutorial will have you up and running with it in under a minute). Again, no extension required.

Opera just gets better and better!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here