Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jesse Lingard - The Emperors new clothes

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I am utterly astounded to see Jesse Lingard as a Man Utd regular starter. I thought he was poor at Brighton and can't believe Morinho see's him as a first choice.

Lingard in the same team as Ibrahimavitch. Am I missing something or what.!

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I am utterly astounded to see Jesse Lingard as a Man Utd regular starter. I thought he was poor at Brighton and can't believe Morinho see's him as a first choice.

Yes. Correct spellings of Mourinho and Ibrahimović.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Is this groundhog day..........who posted the same thread 2 weeks ago?

That said it's clear that we Albion supporters and for that matter management know nothing about strikers.......this happens rather too often.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ha Ha The Special One is not all Special anymore is he? Used to be good value and quite humorous but now is just a grumpy old man and heading for has been status.

3-0 down to Chelsea, that has to REALLY hurt

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Really why all the hate for Lingard. He didnt set the world alight but he was far from terrible.

The main problem was a lot of people saw him as a striker, where as in reality he was just another winger.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Ha Ha The Special One is not all Special anymore is he? Used to be good value and quite humorous but now is just a grumpy old man and heading for has been status.

4 now

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Really why all the hate for Lingard. He didnt set the world alight but he was far from terrible.

The main problem was a lot of people saw him as a striker, where as in reality he was just another winger.

What is shocking is that Chris Smalling is a first choice England defender and seems to be having a mare (I'm listening to the radio so I can't see first hand). We seem to be good at producing defenders who can't defend

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

His bank balance will soften things for him. Great to know you can jack it in any time and spend your days mooching around the eateries of SW1 etc.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jesse Lingard - The Emperors new clothes.

Yet England should be winning every tournament they enter.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
What is shocking is that Chris Smalling is a first choice England defender and seems to be having a mare (I'm listening to the radio so I can't see first hand). We seem to be good at producing defenders who can't defend
he could be seen at fault for 3 of the 4 goals. He is total ****.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton

Based on the last few weeks, Lingard is more justiifiably in the team than Ibrahimovic right now. Since the first 3 matches of the season, Ibrahimovic has contributed very little. Lingard was disappointing today, but has been decent this season, scoring a good goal in their Europa League win on Thursday.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton

If you look around at the moment, how many decent English defenders generally are there? I understand John Stones was also at fault for a goal Man City conceded today, Gary Cahill has always been rank average, Phil Jagielka the same and certainly Chris Smalling has obvious weaknesses. The days when England had Sol Campbell, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Jamie Carragher, Ledley King and Gareth Southgate to choose from in the centre of defence are long gone. That said, I don't see a great deal of top drawer old-fashioned centre backs globally right now.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I agree. I wasn't that impressed with Lingard when he was with us and not bothered when he left. But that goal against that lot from up the road? Lingard is now elevated to a full blown folk hero in the GCCM household.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If you look around at the moment, how many decent English defenders generally are there? I understand John Stones was also at fault for a goal Man City conceded today, Gary Cahill has always been rank average, Phil Jagielka the same and certainly Chris Smalling has obvious weaknesses. The days when England had Sol Campbell, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Jamie Carragher, Ledley King and Gareth Southgate to choose from in the centre of defence are long gone. That said, I don't see a great deal of top drawer old-fashioned centre backs globally right now.

I'm amazed at the value placed on Stones - he can't defend.

They may not be many outstanding defenders out there now - certainly no Baresi, Nesta, Ayala, Desailly, Puyol are around - but the ones that are playing are considerably better than English ones

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought he was poor at Brighton and can't believe Morinho see's him as a first choice.

Maybe you need to reevaluate your ability as a football pundit. But don't fret, many football fans don't know the game as well as they think.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If you watch Lingards off the ball movement that created space for others in his last England performance you may have a different perspective

That is all too often a part of football that get's overlooked to the point it's barley seen by many fans..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here