Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help needed Springsteen in Australia.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Genuine request for a bit of advice. We are planning to visit out eldest son in February in Brisbane,and Bruce is playing two nights in Brisbane both Ticketmaster and Viagogo are showing tickets for sale. Has any fellow NSC user done any sort of purchase like this before ? I am pretty sure that this years UK tour tickets were not on sale until pretty late say six weeks before the event ? Thanks.:bigwave:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Genuine request for a bit of advice. We are planning to visit out eldest son in February in Brisbane,and Bruce is playing two nights in Brisbane both Ticketmaster and Viagogo are showing tickets for sale. Has any fellow NSC user done any sort of purchase like this before ? I am pretty sure that this years UK tour tickets were not on sale until pretty late say six weeks before the event ? Thanks.:bigwave:

I saw Oasis at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre, same venue as Springsteen is playing, a few years back, 2009 maybe. Venue is about the same size as the Brighton Centre (5000-ish capacity) and is reached by suburban train to Boondall, from where it is a funky sort of nature trail walk through woodland for about ten minutes to reach the venue. My main advice would be to be on your toes after the gig if using the train because a Falmer-midweek-match type scrum ensues when everybody suddenly realised they're stuck in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night and the three carriage train is (or at least was then) half-hourly.

Not quite sure what your EXACT query is. Are you asking if the early ticket sales are dodgy? In my case, I got my Oz friends to book the tickets as soon as they appeared on the venue site and I reimbursed them. My advice on that score would be to get in QUICK before the tickets are gone! In your case I'm guessing if your son were to book tickets by following the booking link direct from the venue site, then all would be well. Venue site is HERE: http://www.brisent.com.au/Event_Calendar.aspx Good luck and enjoy! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thanks T/H have registered and wait an see.

Why not get your son to register instead, if (as I'm assuming from your post) he's already living in Brisbane. Would make the whole process a whole lot easier, as regards mailing of tickets, currency conversions etc. Or is it a surprise pressie for him?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I cannot believe, if it's 5k capacity venue and tickets already on sale, that they haven't sold out yet for Bruuuuuuce.

As I know u will be aware, they sell out in hours anywhere else in the world.

Also Viagogo is a resale site.Just had a quick look and could only see resale tickets available or is that what u r asking about?

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I bought tickets from the UK on interweb for a Foo Fighters gig in Melbourne a year or two back. The tickets went on sale at a preset time meaning I had to get my alarm set for silly o'clock. First tried for Sydney but failed, set alarm for two hours later and tried again for Melbourne, bingo!

I did have to pre register for an agency some days in advance, but all was fine including delivery of tickets to the UK. Hope this helps and good luck!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I cannot believe, if it's 5k capacity venue and tickets already on sale, that they haven't sold out yet for Bruuuuuuce.

As I know u will be aware, they sell out in hours anywhere else in the world.

Also Viagogo is a resale site.Just had a quick look and could only see resale tickets available or is that what u r asking about?

Been on Viagogo and got my tickets for Manchester using them,however poor choice if genuine ?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I bought tickets from the UK on interweb for a Foo Fighters gig in Melbourne a year or two back. The tickets went on sale at a preset time meaning I had to get my alarm set for silly o'clock. First tried for Sydney but failed, set alarm for two hours later and tried again for Melbourne, bingo!

I did have to pre register for an agency some days in advance, but all was fine including delivery of tickets to the UK. Hope this helps and good luck!

But these weren't resale tickets were they?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
So... did you get the tickets? There's still pairs available to reserve for the added date (Thursday). Hope you're not SLACKING on this one? ???
Not cheap- $392 aus for 2 tickets.Still can't believe this hasn't sold out though. Don't think they deserve 2 nights.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not cheap- $392 aus for 2 tickets.Still can't believe this hasn't sold out though. Don't think they deserve 2 nights.

For sure not cheap, but if you're going all the way to Brisbane to see your son, and you're both big Springsteen fans, and the two events clash with a chance to see him in a smallish venue, you'd be daft IMHO not to just stick on your credit card and forget about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here