Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Welcome to Newhaven Upon Ouse!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Having lived hear this common misconception seems to come from people like you spouting shite. Most of Newhaven is lovely.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Having lived hear this common misconception seems to come from people like you spouting shite. Most of Newhaven is lovely.

I used to enjoy going to Newhaven as a kid visiting friends and playing football.
It wasn't meant as a joke, just a light hearted comment. :thumbsup:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Newhaven Infra Mare would be even better!:wink:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
It's 'Newhaven - gateway to Europe'. Even the sign says so.

The High Street is a sorry state now, i am very fond of the town and think it could do so much better.

Luna Rossa the italian is fantastic by the way, it's a real favourite of mine now.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I spent years in Gravesend. It makes Newhaven look like St Tropez.

newhaven has road signs in French just like St Tropez. I always wonder at the optimism of the 'Centre Ville' sign opposite the old fleamarket. the worlds most half hearted attempt to attract tourists.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It's no good trying to pretend that Newhaven is even close to being an OK town. It isn't. The town centre is an absolute disgrace - probably the worst in Sussex; the area around the stations and the ferry dock is a disgrace; the "retail park" looks like a wasteland. Awful, just awful.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's no good trying to pretend that Newhaven is even close to being an OK town. It isn't. The town centre is an absolute disgrace - probably the worst in Sussex; the area around the stations and the ferry dock is a disgrace; the "retail park" looks like a wasteland. Awful, just awful.

Don't exaggerate. Nobody is pretending it is very good, but it isn't as bad as you paint it either. A lot of high streets are bad now, as people can travel so easily. I can go on the bus to Eastbourne or Brighton within 35-40 minutes, shop in Lewes or Seaford, but the view outside my house is glorious. I can see for miles, yet I am just a few minutes from the sea.
The house prices are affordable compared to neighbouring towns, and when the trains run, very accessible to the rest of the country.
I also like it that people smile and say good morning when they pass you.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

The High Street is a sorry state now, i am very fond of the town and think it could do so much better.

Luna Rossa the italian is fantastic by the way, it's a real favourite of mine now.

Agreed on Luna Rossa! The guys that run it are great and the food is delicious.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

In a possible first I agree with this, with the exception that Luna Rossa is merely quite good ( I haven't been for a while though). It has it's own certain scruffy charm and the advantage of not being either a dull dormitory town or another of gods waiting rooms.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It wouldn't take much to make Newhaven a really good town. It's got loads of plus points. A little investment would go a long way. I'd rather be in Newhaven than Ruislip.

A 5 kiloton neutron weapon would be a good start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here